usb flash drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chester

Car
E 220 coupe sport
Tried a few times now to get my usb memory stick to conect to the command system to load music.
Tried the head unit slot and the lead in the center box but it will just not register at all.
Brand new usb so i would have thought no problems in connecting.
Am i missing something or do merc only let you use a certain usb.

How big is it? What is it formatted as? (FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HFS, EXT, etc?) (or in other words, what computer did you use to format it?)

I reckon the issue is around formatting, and you don't have it formatted as FAT16/FAT32...
M.

Last edited:
Thats just gone right over my head mate sorry.
My daughter got me this usb flash drive 4 gb.
Now the only other thing on the box says RoHS whatever that means.
I just downloaded a few cds on to it,to try it out from her laptop.
I didnt know there was more to it than that ,,,,how do i format it.
Sorry for asking but i dont do techy stuff.

That's were it connects in my c class and my dads e class... had to show him...lol

Got my daughter to show me the formatting stuff and yep its Fat 32.
And stan i have been trying the usb slot in that center box.
Going to give it another go in the morning before i take it to the dealers as its just had a new replacment command fitted due to the last one turning its toes up.

What format are the files that you have on the USB stick ?

Only certain files can be read.

May be a silly question, but have you converted the CD AUDIO to MP3?

I only have Audio 20 but I copied a barrel load of MP3 files to a 16gb USB stick and they all work perfect. Including folders and album art.

When I play a music from the usb stick in my car, the files I prior converted from other format to mp3 appear twice in the folder. So i.e. if there are 10 tracks in the folder, first ten are skipped and 11th start to play which is actually the first. I'm absolutely sure that there are no duplicates on the usb stick just mp3 versions.. Can anybody help? Thanx

Last edited:
When I play a music from the usb stick in my car, the files I prior converted from other format to mp3 appear twice in the folder. So i.e. if there are 10 tracks in the folder, first ten are skipped and 11th start to play which is actually the first. I'm absolutely sure that there are no duplicates on the usb stick just mp3 versions.. Can anybody help? Thanx

This happens to me when I copy mp3 from my Mac. I think it's an Apple format thing.
I either delete the tracks from COMAND or use a windows machine to delete them where they appear as temp files.

Thank you Sean, meanwhile I found following. Create a playlist in iTunes of the tracks you want and then use an app called doubletwist to sync to the USB stick. The app is meant for android phones but doesn't see a USB stick as anything different. Do it this way and you can chop and change the playlist to your heart's content and then resync just like it was an iPod but only cost a fiver and no invisible file problems either. Or the way with PC as you said already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom