Usb mp3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I presume the device transmits it's output from a USB stick you plug into it, so I gues you tune your radio to the frequency it transmits in and manipulate the tracks selection from the device itself.

I dont have a usb socket for playing my mp3 music in either our w203 or w204 cars. I have just bought this on ebay, have I done right or wasted my money?
Car Kit Handsfree Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter USB LCD SD Remote MP3 w/ Mic | eBay

Proof of the pudding - If you have already bought it then nothing really you can do but to use it and see.

I have heard mixed reviews of these type devices with a lot of people generally pleased with them (allowing for quality of MP3's in a production car with wind and road background noise).

Please feedback you experience when trialled.

Steve

I bought a Tom Tom many moons ago where you can get the sound through your radio as as well as music as it had mp3 capability .The only issue was finding a FM frequency that didn't cause interference .

My experience of this type of equipment is, they're carp....

My experience of this type of equipment is, they're carp....

What is the best alternative, I have tried burning a cd but the car wont play it, its ok in the pc. I have no idea how to change the format from mp3 as you can tell this isn't my strong point.

Alternatively...

Hi,

I've just fitted a double-DIN Sony unit into my 2002 C203 and it was relatively easy to do.

Quick steps are as follows:

Remove the ashtray & unclip the lower part of the fascia

Remove the air-vents at the top of the fascia (gently lever to one side and pull out) and undo the two torx screws.

Move the fascia to one side and undo the two screws holding in the existing stereo and remove the MB stereo.

Screw in a fascia adapter plate and then fit in your choice of nice new shiny MP3-tastic stereo (you might need an aerial adapter - £5 from Halfords).

There are probably other stereo fitting guide in the forums (I'm new here :)) so do a bit of research beforehand.

Most new stereos will plug straight into the existing wiring without any problems. I fitted a reversing camera at the same time (£30 from Maplins).

Here's a couple of links:

Sony Stereo with front and rear USBs:

Sony XAV-601BT Car CD DVD AV Stereo Bluetooth 6.1" LCD iPod iPhone (REFURBISHED) | eBay

Adapter plate:

Mercedes C Class 2000-2004 Fascia Panel Stereo Surround Adaptor Radio Double Din | eBay

When you sell your Merc you can remove your MP3 unit and replace the old MB unit.

I've found that this is the best way to get a decent stereo in any car. Once you've purchased a good unit you can move it from car to car as needed.

Hope this helps,

Dobbs.

Thanks everybody for the input will try the Chinese carp first but looks like a change of system is on the cards. I don't understand why after all these years the Chinese still make such rubbish. It costs just about the same in labour to make carp as it does quality. We all know its cheap but if they made better gear and charged us a bit more they really would clean up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom