usdm look on the merc cls (amber indicators)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mtaher

Car
Mercedes CLS
Hi guys, just wondering if it is possible to have the usdm look on the cls, those who are not sure what it is. basically the amber indicators staying on permanently. someone said this can be done by star but not too sure?

any thoughts? cheers

Hardly going to pass an MOT here like that.

Hardly going to pass an MOT here like that.

I think the OP is referring to the US style day running lights where the front indicators stay on permanently on half (or lower) power.

I understood that this may either comply with Construction & Use guidelines or is perhaps something covered by EU legislation (which allows amber or white lights on the front of a vehicle). I seem to recall that's how BMW were able to get the E60 5 Series running with the amber illumination on the front lights. It's also been a popular mod in the VW scene for quite a while...

Amusing given the yanks spend all their time trying to get rid of that look...familiarity and all that I guess.

Amusing given the yanks spend all their time trying to get rid of that look...familiarity and all that I guess.

Very true!

I think the OP is referring to the US style day running lights where the front indicators stay on permanently on half (or lower) power.

I understood that this may either comply with Construction & Use guidelines or is perhaps something covered by EU legislation (which allows amber or white lights on the front of a vehicle). I seem to recall that's how BMW were able to get the E60 5 Series running with the amber illumination on the front lights. It's also been a popular mod in the VW scene for quite a while...

Definitely OK over here, our previous V70 had amber front running lights, ironically with orange lenses but next to indicators with white lenses, and red ones on the side at the rear.

Yup some people here want the US spec stuff and the people there want our EU spec stuff :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom