Use 90 fuel instead of 95 E350e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

serenity

Car
E350e 2017
Can I use 90 fuel instead of 95 on E350e?
Will it affect the engine adversely

What does your vehicle handbook recommend?

Where can you buy 90 octane fuel ? not in the UK and some other countries don't have equivalent octane ratings to ours. Most countries use RON as the octane rating but some like the US use (RON+MON)/2. The US octane rating numbers are substantially lower than ours for this reason e.g. 90 octane in the US would be somewhere close to 95 octane in the UK.

I
Where can you buy 90 octane fuel ? not in the UK and some other countries don't have equivalent octane ratings to ours. Most countries use RON as the octane rating but some like the US use (RON+MON)/2. The US octane rating numbers are substantially lower than ours for this reason e.g. 90 octane in the US would be somewhere close to 95 octane in the UK.
In Jordan we have 90 and 95 Octane

I dont know which one to use that's the question?
Where can I find this info?

There should be a sticker inside the fuel flap, it will have the tyre pressure figures on it, and it should also say '95 RON'.

I dont know which one to use that's the question?
Where can I find this info?
In the handbook for the vehicle or the fuel filler flap.

Handbooks can often be found on line. Try searching.

Use the highest octane fuel available. i.e. 95. Altho the engine ECU will possibly adjust to compensate for the lower octane it will probably do this by retarding the ignition this will result in reduced power/MPG. Besides which modern direct injection systems operate to very fine clearances [ injectors/high pressure pump]and the higher octane fuels may contain additives to help with this. What does the local Mercedes concessionaire/ importer advise??

I

In Jordan we have 90 and 95 Octane
May I suggest you add your location as it will make it easier (and relevant) when responding to you plus avoid misunderstandings. Cheers!

May I suggest you add your location as it will make it easier (and relevant) when responding to you plus avoid misunderstandings. Cheers!
Jordan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom