Use Linguatronic to navigate home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richatom

Car
CLC350
I have a CLC350 with COMAND NTG2.5 and Linguatronic. Can anybody suggest how I can use Linguatronic to navigate home? I have put my home address in memory as "My Address", but if I say "Navigate My Address" usually the COMAND goes to Telephone mode! I read elsewhere that it is best to add a voice tag to addresses in memory, but I can't see how to add a voice tag to an address (I can add them to telephone contacts). Surely there must be a quick and easy way to use Linguatronic to navigate home?

Can anyone help with this??? I have just spent over an hour trying to get the car to navigate home with simple voice commands. My wife's old Jag dialogue was "Navigation destination", "Please say destination", "Home". That simple! Surely the most used destination in any navigation unit is home! Why is it not the first command on page 1?? Strikes me that COMAND is so complicated that it is useless for simple functions. I would be interested to know what percentage of customers use more than 5% of its capability. I am not a luddite, I adore technology but hate over complication.:wallbash:

I have used it a few times and like it. You have to be in the Nav screen first, then push the voice button, say "enter destination" wait a second then say "my address" or home depending on how you set up your home location, wait for comand to confirm and say "do you want to start navigation" then say "yes"
It seems complicated when you write it down but in reality its really easy.

Ok, been having a look at this and have found some info that i think will help you.
Enter your home address manually. Select address entry from nav menu?
When you have entered your home address select save and assign to address book entry
Select home
Now exit nav and enter tel menu
Select you home address
Move over to the right to select edit from the menu
Put a space in front of the word Home (this will put it first in the find address command in a minute)
Now when you want to navigate home.
Push the voice button when in nav mode
Say "find address"
Nav will say "please select a line no."
Say "line 1"
Nav will say "do you want to navigate to this address?"
Say "yes"
Drive safe!

Can anyone help with this??? I have just spent over an hour trying to get the car to navigate home with simple voice commands. My wife's old Jag dialogue was "Navigation destination", "Please say destination", "Home". That simple! Surely the most used destination in any navigation unit is home! Why is it not the first command on page 1?? Strikes me that COMAND is so complicated that it is useless for simple functions. I would be interested to know what percentage of customers use more than 5% of its capability. I am not a luddite, I adore technology but hate over complication.:wallbash:

This is one toy that requires the manual to drive it initially or even a couple of YouTube clips would suffice.
Assuming your car is a previously owned example, you are at the mercy of the previous owner's set-up if bought privately but if bought from a dealer, you will need to set it up because it was likely put back to factory settings.

Would you like a link to a copy of the COMAND operator's manual?

PS I am loving the irony… "Toyroom" :thumb::D

Actually.... Not wanting to be beaten, I added the home map location to the memory as "Home" and then found that "Navigate home" sorts it perfectly. Previously, I added my home address to "My address" in the memory but and then saying "Navigate Home" got the reply "There are no contents in memory" or something similar. Your solution is similar, but neither of our solutions is simple. On a Tom Tom, you set your home address and then one of the FOUR destination options is "Home". This says to me that it must be the most popular destination for most users. I am happy to fight with someone in Stuttgart's idea of logic the rest of the time, but when I am in a strange city and have to decide on a roundabout exit in less than 30 seconds in order to get on the correct road home, it would be nice to be able to sort it without stopping the car. Finally I can now do this! In 10 years with the Jag, my wife never used the voice control and I only ever used it to navigate home.
Incidentally, I put the home location as the nearest motorway junction to my home, just in case the car AND the wife's keys were stolen and the thieves went straight to our house to raid my "Toyroom"!

By the way, the car isn't mine, it's the wife's. All but about 10 of the 300 horse power are wasted on her. She just likes it because it is blue. She regularly scores 85% on the economical driving thing, Last time I drove it, I got 4%....Actually surprised I got that much. I can confirm that you cannot get a negative mark having scored zero more than once

Last edited:
It annoys me that there's no simple 'Home' facility on my CL via either a button or by voice command. My Lexus has a 'Home' button on the touch screen. What could be simpler?

I'll tell you what would be even simpler! This function is used so much and is so useful, that a HARDWARE button would not be out of place! There are so many buttons and dials and knobs on a modern dash that a little "Take me home" button would hardly go amiss! I agree that a good compromise would be the one your Lex features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom