Use of emergency key housed in fob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lofty

Car
MercedesA160/2002
How many owners have used their Emergency Key blade on the W169 and other models :doh:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as a point of interest how many owners have bothered to use the emergency key blade installed in the key fob on the w169 A class and other models ?

If you have not then I suggest you give it a try, yes all the details as to how to get into your car are in the handbook BUT where is the handbook ? locked in the car!

I have just put a short video on my web site that may help you. Oh and make sure the wife can get in as well, might save you a journey to the supermarket car park.

I have also added a page 33 in the w169 section of the site heater/blower problems with the help of Warick in Australia.

bert Rowe, Lofty's homepage. A-class info, W169 Remote Ignition Key, Central locking emergeny entry,

Lofty's homepage. A-class info, Mercedes Benz 'A' Class W168 W169, Holidays in Scotland, Home Wine making, Kittens to Cats', Solar panels PV, Canada Rockies, Orchids, .Alaska 2015, Solar Thermal, How to look after you Orchid plants,
Lofty

Do it regularly to ensure door locks haven't seized up.

Not watched your video, but I have used my skeleton key in both the drivers lock and the boot one, mainly to make sure that they do work in the unlikely event that I would ever need them.

Before I used the key, I also gave it a light spray with a liquid grease (used for chains on machinery) as a little bit of lubrication for the locks. I figured "why not". Hopefully never have to go that way, but if I do, at least I stand a fighting chance now as I know that they will turn. :D

I read through the instructions for opening, and suspect they are the same for mine.
What baffles me is the instructions for locking. I cannot open back door, and reach through to press button down, as only have 2 doors (CLK).
Does this mean only option is climb through boot, and under rear parcel shelf? and will this work?

Neil

Managed to shut my boot recently after I had disconnected battery. Only way to rescue the situation was by using the blade on the bootlid.

I confess to never using the blade , so used to the keyless system ,,,, also I usually have new after 4/5,years so I've never found the need to do it , ,,,

Managed to shut my boot recently after I had disconnected battery. Only way to rescue the situation was by using the blade on the bootlid.

I so want to try this to be sure it works but if it doesn't I'm stuffed because I tried it!

Used the blade only the other day, perfect to release the catch and change the batteries in the fob :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom