Use The Force

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
This VW advert made me chuckle. :D

[YOUTUBE]R55e-uHQna0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
They propably spent more on George Lucas's copyright fees then making the 'new' Passat*

:D

*Its basically the same model with new bits put on, think CLC

Last edited:
you could see that actually happening for some kid

the kid in question actually looks like a young luke skywalker.. and has a pacemaker.

he's as cute as a button.. really is.

loved the emotion he shows when it starts up.... despite having a mask on you can see how shocked he is.

left me wishing we had costumes that cool when i was younger.

American kids must be really dim. Surely US cars have had remote locking/unlocking for about as long as ours have, and remote starting is nothing new either.

American kids must be really dim. Surely US cars have had remote locking/unlocking for about as long as ours have, and remote starting is nothing new either.

You are right...but every kid must see it for the first time sometime.

So where's that one been all his life?

Or maybe I'm just feeling grumpy this evening...

the central locking he may have seen since he was 2 or 3

but when did he first see starwars?

the kid is only 6!

i saw it at his age.. and have been trying to do that since!

...that'd be right.:)

i saw it at his age.. and have been trying to do that since!

Ah, but would you have been taken in by a car's indicators flashing in response? Especially if you were as precocious as most American youngsters.

Show him an SLK fitted with SmartTOP and watch his head explode!

So where's that one been all his life?

Or maybe I'm just feeling grumpy this evening...

I'd say somewhere on the scale between hardbitten and misanthrope.

I liked it. The Star Wars bit was of course to disguise the fact the US Passat is an utter munter.

I liked it. The Star Wars bit was of course to disguise the fact the US Passat is an utter munter.

It does however offer VW's excellent ACC adaptive chassis control http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/glossary/adaptive-chassis-control-acc [ as seen already on the Passat CC] as an option on all its Passat models - which is more than can be said for the Mercedes C class where MB persist with their cheap and nasty selective damping system which continues to blight the ride of their shorter wheelbase models. :doh: Maybe they have re-calibrated it in the facelifted C class out later this year- but I see no mention of it .:(

Last edited:
Sorry went all "car serious" there for a moment.:eek: However continuing the Star Wars Theme perhaps worth reposting this little gem from Tom Tom for those who havn't seen it. [YOUTUBE]FdcJVuylmsM[/YOUTUBE]

Well, at least I stopped short of advising jaymanek to just stuff his sprog in the boot an be done with it on the babyseat thread.

Anyhow, I guess it's not just Amercians who use children in schmaltzy car adverts (although I've always rather liked this one ;)):

[YOUTUBE]03UbJ8zvRCA[/YOUTUBE]

Ah! Leaving home!

love this one (don't watch if you don't like singular bad language!)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="YouTube - Leaving home" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have done a Sat Nav voice for The Emperor?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom