Use your f*cking mirrors

Discussion in 'Driving/Incidents/Roadrage' started by Doodle, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodle

Doodle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R129, Leon Cupra 290, BMW R100
    To the moron in the black C-class repmobile in Basingstoke today, thank you so very much for changing lanes and nearly running me into the central reservation in the process today. Given that I was on a large bright red motorcycle which is far from quiet, I can only assume that you were either using the force, or you did it on purpose.

Either way, you got main beam for a reason, and subsequently trying to drown me with a 15 second burst of washer fluid doesn't absolve you from being a cupid stunt, nor does it make any difference when I'm wearing full waterproofs.

Next time, I won't just tap your mirror on my way past to remind you to use it, I'll tear it off and stuff it up your a*se.

Thank you for your understanding.

28 people like this.
  2. alhucoll

alhucoll Member

Car:
    CLK 500 Sport AMG Cab and a ML500 as the run around..........
    And breathe...................................

Full symphathy for you - being an old motorcyclist I know where you are coming from.
    Personally, I feel some of the most aware car/truck etc drivers are those that have ridden motor cycles due to the need for total awareness at all times.

Standing by for incoming.

Al

3. 230K

230K Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
    In my opinion everyone should do the motorbike test so that they "understand"

4. Ted

Ted MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLC 250D AMG Line, Yamaha XVS 1100, Jeep Renegade
    A glance over your shoulder doesn't do any harm either.

Idiots like this wind me up too - it really is just pi$$ poor driving technique.

He/she/it will do it again today, tomorrow, next week, until they cause an accident. Of course it won't be their fault.

5. Borys

Borys Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2005 cl500
    That's why I hate using UK roads-stupid,careless,no imagination drivers

1 person likes this.
  6. Palfrem

Palfrem Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
    Get off the fence there Dolphin. Stop beating about the bush and just get if off your chest.

How hard can it be to glance in a mirror.

7. OP
    OP
    Doodle

Car:
    Dunno about off the fence, I was nearly sat on the crash barrier, does that count? :D

1 person likes this.
  8. stumpy1

stumpy1 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Various Mercs and non Mercs
    I am a firm believer in noisy pipes on bikes and I have Termis on mine in the hope that it gives another level of awareness to others. But as the OP has found, sometimes even that isn't enough. I ride less and less these days because of eejits like this but I agree that the bike test should be compulsory for all to improve overall standards.

9. Chrishazle

Chrishazle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 1993 Porsche 968 Tip Cab.
    It's the way most UK drivers are not "bike aware" that has put me off having anything with 2 wheels in this country. I've also found most bike riders are more courteous than most car drivers - they notice that you're aware of them so you keep left and leave them a gap to pull into after passing you - and give a little thankyou wave as they pass. How often does a car driver thank you for courteous behaviour - very seldom!!

10. prprandall51

prprandall51 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi
    No it doesn't. All a loud pipe achieves is the following:
    1) It increases the general dislike and thus disregard that car drivers have for motorbikers. Perhaps giving rise to the kind of situation described above?

2) It increases the chances that after an accident, you will be left on the road, regarded as someone unworthy of assistance.

3) It hastens the day when the freedom to enjoy motorbiking in the way we currently do is banned by law.

Personally, living in the country and close to some lovely biking roads, I am fed up with being able to hear bikes from miles off screaming up and down the roads at full throttle with illegal noisy pipes fitted. I long for the moment when the sound is instantly cut short signifying that the said idiot has been brought up short. Sadly, I have yet to hear it (and I suppose I wouldn't really want to, but the noise really hacks me off).

11. OP
    OP
    Doodle

Car:
    The first statement seems to imply a deliberate act of "revenge", which I think endows an element of positive awareness that simply doesn't exist. If said driver is liable to commit road rage for that reason, I'm sure there are lots of other things on the road that would receive a similar response.

In my experience, "how" you were riding has a lot more basis of public perception over "what" you were riding. Whenever I have seen people "shunned" in the manner that you suggest is when they've been riding like an idiot, regardless of whether the bike was noisy, quiet, large, small or had any other characteristic.

12. renault12ts

renault12ts MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2005 W215 CL500.
    Totally agree with the OP's sentiments...but to dis C Class owners on a Mercedes forum is beyond the Pale!! IMO.

13. w124nut

w124nut Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes W124 E320 cabriolet
    The answer to this problem is simple:

- car drivers should have additional mirrors to cut out blind spots;
    - car drivers must look over their shoulder before overtaking or pulling out into the faster lane;
    - all road users must assume that others have not initially seen them;
    - all road users must have respect for others whether car drivers, bikers or cyclists.

Notwithstanding the above, I do understand the anger of the OP.

14. nick mercedes

nick mercedes MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Ford Expedition
    - people on sportsbikes should not ride everywhere flat out

- people on sportsbikes should not be suprised when riding at 100+, other road users don't see them

- people on sportsbikes should not blast up the motorway at 100+ in their own pretend lane, between the real lanes

- if people on sportsbikes get knocked off while doing the above or similar recklesness, it's always someone else's fault

5 people like this.
  15. brucemillar

brucemillar MB Club Veteran

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    - people on sportsbikes should not blast up the motorway at 100+ in their own pretend lane, between the real lanes

I thought it was law that Motorbikes were not allowed to stick to any lane for longer than 15 seconds before leaning over in a Barry Sheene stylee to swerve between cars, lorrries etc. I know that the Motorcyclists version of the Highway code states

* No matter what you are doing at the time !! Any accident will be the fault of the car driver"

* To ensure that you know what the car driver may be anticipating, get right up his ****. Then move from left to right and back again several times before undertaking him.

* Only carry out the undertake when it is suicidal to do so. At no time must you make the car driver feel that he has any right to be on your patch of road.

* Remember you are invincible. Use of illegal exhaust pipes will protect you in any situation. If in doubt ?? Pull a wheelie or rev the guts out of your engine. This will strike fear into most motorists who did not see you coming up behind them on the left at 100+mph

* In queing or stationary traffic, normal etiquette should be completely ignored. That is for car drivers only. You have the right to wobble up between cars knocking their mirrors with your brake levers. Remember you must always be at he front of the line, preferably in the middle of the lane so that that any fool car driver who thought thay they were queing patiently can marvel at your superior being as you dump the clutch and wheelie off to the next set of lights.

* Be safe in the knowledge that your undersized illegible and illegal number plate will protect from any do gooders intent on driving their cars along your road. Place this number plate under your rear mud guard to keep it safe from sun light or nosey drivers.

* Wear leathers that would look good on somebody a third of your age who could actually ride a bike like yours on race track, without their beer gut and other wobbly bits scraping the tarmac.

* When on a Motorway. Relax, chill, Take your feet of the pegs and swing your legs about like Cupid Stunt (kenny Everett). This adds to the aura of mystique that you have created by swerving from left to right in that racing stylee that only posses.

* Cover your headlights with Quality Street wrappers. This will make you look like a UFO as your rainbow lights (fully legal to bike users only) provide no visibilty to you (you are using the car in fronts headlights to guide you) but give the idiot in front of you a nice disco distraction on their journey

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    10 people like this.
  16. Howard

Howard MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CLS 500 / A 150
    I curse bikers with loud exhausts .

Seemingly everytime i am out walking with my 6 month old in her buggy trying to get her to sleep , a dayglo / black sportsbike will come past at warp 9 and wake her up.

All to get from one set of lights to the next a bit quicker.

No one likes you. No one sees you go past and thinks 'Wow , what a guy !' :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  17. steve333

steve333 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes CLS350cdi grand edition in palladium silver
    I have no reason to believe the op is a bad bike rider but there are unfortunately many (and car/lorry/van drivers) on our roads today,on a daily basis motorcyclists weave in & out of lanes without indication,undertake,pull their bikes right accross the front of my vehicle whilst i'm stationary at traffic signals:)mad:).Increasingly(and worryingly)whilst using the motorway network(m25,m3,m4,m20,m23)on a daily basis the amount of motorists that fail to indicate when changing lanes(even in heavy traffic)is unbelievable(they're usually on the phone too:mad:),rant over:)

18. OP
    OP
    Doodle

Car:
    It's a good thing I don't own a sportsbike, a romper suit, an illegal numberplate or headlight covers, or spend every weekend hacking down backroads then, otherwise at this rate I'll have a lynch mob asking for :ban: :D

1 person likes this.
  19. steve333

steve333 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes CLS350cdi grand edition in palladium silver
    Ban? i don't remember you mentioning your bike was a BMW:eek::D;)

20. OP
    OP
    Doodle

Car:
    Ssssshhh!!! :doh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.