Used C63 507

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g5und

Car
C63 Edition 507 AMG Coupe
I'm currently looking to get back into a C63 having previously gone through an edition 125, a C63S and currently an M3. The BM is a lovely car but just doesn't compare to the C63 imo.

Focussing specifically on a 507 edition, I'm learning they're few and far between with only a handful on the market. The good ones are snapped up quickly too. There's a lovely one sitting with an independent dealer with MB warranty running til end of the year. I know that MB dealers give 2 years warranty on used AMG but is it really a must have? I've heard the used warranties are pretty limiting and wouldn't cover big ticket items anyway. I guess I'm just hesitant spending so much money outside of the main dealer network.

The m156 is pretty much bullet proof especially the later ones in the 507 cars.

How did the c63s compare?

The new C63S is a fantastic car, super quick, super refined and is gorgeous both in and out. It doesn't however have the character of the 6.3 engine and it also doesn't sound as good. If you've previously had the 6.3 then you may find it's missing that special 'something'.

At the end of the day there's pros and cons of both. You have to weigh up what is right for you.

So I decided to go for the 507 from the independent dealer. Deposit down, collect on Tuesday :-D It's just had its service at MB and has MB warranty til end of year. Super excited now to be getting back into an AMG!

Congrats man! I've recently bought a 507 as well and I love it! Lets see some pictures?

Congratulations and well done for realising the 4.0tt is far inferior to the legendary m156.

Congrats - loved my 507 - got a link to the one you bought? Did you have a saloon c63s?

Although the 4.0 could be classed as inferior to the 6.2 depending on how you are measuring it, that's still arguably being hyper critical as the 4.0 is still a fantastic engine - it is faster and still sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Excellent. Congratulations. :D

Here's some pics of the new (to me) 507...

AETV65213353_8.jpg

AETV65213353_1.jpg

AETV65213353_9.jpg

Same as my old one :)

The Edition 1 coupe I have now is I feel the spiritual successor to the 507 - with the stripes and alcantara interior although it does miss the bonnet vents of the 507 which I loved.

Agree - the vents do look the dogs danglies...

I've traded my 2015 M3 against it and I can't say I'll miss it at all. Lovely car and all that but no character whatsoever. My first and prob. last BMW I think.

So if anyone is looking for a mint M3 (2015), pm me for some details and make me an offer before I chop it in... if you can beat the trade price and take it this Sunday/Monday, yo will likely get a bargain...

At least your 507 won't sound like a moped on cold start :)

DuncS3 said:
At least your 507 won't sound like a moped on cold start :)

LOL! My elderly neighbour told me the other day that the M3 sounds 'tinny' compared to the C63... kind of sums it up - made me chuckle.

Congrats - loved my 507 - got a link to the one you bought? Did you have a saloon c63s?

Although the 4.0 could be classed as inferior to the 6.2 depending on how you are measuring it, that's still arguably being hyper critical as the 4.0 is still a fantastic engine - it is faster and still sounds amazing.

Totally agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom