Used car prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very difficult decisions to be made with not much out there, if we knew when the prices would fall I would be tempted to sell my C43, currently WBAC offering £13k over what I have as an early settlement figure from MB finance... 🤔

It's all very well used cars fetching high prices, but so will whatever you buy to replace it, surely, unless you're lucky enough to have an order in place for another new car with a satisfactory delivery date?

It's all very well used cars fetching high prices, but so will whatever you buy to replace it, surely, unless you're lucky enough to have an order in place for another new car with a satisfactory delivery date?
I sold in May and have a new car due in December, if I’d held out until now I’d be £6k better off but not grumbling. Much.

Very true. Unless you're "downsizing" on number of cars or price bracket there's no real benefit.

I have just been contacted by my dealership asking to buy my car, mine is an E350 S212 (estate) purchased new in 2016 and has done around 34,000 miles and is a night edition in white.

They have Offered me £21,000 plus which to me seems an awesome price and around £3000 more than WBAC.

I am very tempted, being retired I have no urgent need for a mile cruncher although I have just driven back from Cheshire, I could just sit it out for a while and if prices come down purchase a car or I’m tempted to lease a car.

I have to say the 3.0 litre diesel is a beautiful smooth drive and if I sell it will be missed but it is nice to sell whilst prices are high.

Robin

I have to say the 3.0 litre diesel is a beautiful smooth drive and if I sell it will be missed but it is nice to sell whilst prices are high.

Robin
Yes, we are in very strange times suffering from 'negative' depreciation! But, prices now are beginning to soften so if you do want to jump for the cash, now would be the right time.
I could sell one or two of my vehicles right now, but I know I'd end up wanting to buy something better, and in these times it just means more expensive.:eek:

Yes, we are in very strange times suffering from 'negative' depreciation! But, prices now are beginning to soften so if you do want to jump for the cash, now would be the right time.
I could sell one or two of my vehicles right now, but I know I'd end up wanting to buy something better, and in these times it just means more expensive.:eek:
Great, I sell mine and borrow one of yours for a while?
what can you offer me😉

Great, I sell mine and borrow one of yours for a while?
what can you offer me😉
The A8 is not for sale.
You'll need to be agile to get in the Mazda, hardy to cope with the Defender and slightly unhinged to ride the VFR1200 to it's potential....... :dk:
....but you are probably within 25miles of meo_O

The A8 is not for sale.
You'll need to be agile to get in the Mazda, hardy to cope with the Defender and slightly unhinged to ride the VFR1200 to it's potential....... :dk:
....but you are probably within 25miles of meo_O
Talk to me about the VFR1200...

Talk to me about the VFR1200...
10.3 sec standing quarter mile without a gear change or wheelie in sight. That's Taycan Turbo S territory.
Ignores traffic, will do 55mpg touring. Swift and (almost) silent stealth machine. Requires considerable restraint to stay safe. Slightly chilly in winter.

10.3 sec standing quarter mile without a gear change or wheelie in sight. That's Taycan Turbo S territory.
Ignores traffic, will do 55mpg touring. Swift and (almost) silent stealth machine. Requires considerable restraint to stay safe. Slightly chilly in winter.
Without a gear change? That's mad! What's the trap speed, and what gear is that?!

Without a gear change? That's mad! What's the trap speed, and what gear is that?!
Well, not one of my gearshifts anyway! It's one of those little 'twist and go' DCT models. I can change gear on my own if required with trigger finger and thumb 'flappy paddles'
It's well into 3rd gear and the wrong side of 130mph at the end of the quarter.....allegedly.....:oops:
That's what 170bhp, 270kgs and a longer wheelbase than a conventional sports bike should do......and I'm not very big.....

Last edited:
Well, not one of my gearshifts anyway! It's one of those little 'twist and go' DCT models. I can change gear on my own if required with trigger finger and thumb 'flappy paddles'
It's well into 3rd gear and the wrong side of 130mph at the end of the quarter.....allegedly.....:oops:
Ah I see, got it!
That's some serious speed 😎

I remember the Honda RC30 from the 1990's . it was so highly geared - because it was not really intended for road use - that it could break the UK national speed limit of 70 mph in first gear !

A change of sprockets was the first port of call for most road users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom