Used car residuals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
Is the Coronavirus putting people off buying used cars, will the market crash? Opinions..

Stock markets have took hell of a hit, People are worrying about obtaining money, Keeping jobs, etc etc

I think it probably isn't helping the market, but if its cheap enough it will sell.

Very bad news for selling but it won’t last. Give it a few months and hopefully it will pick back up.

Is the Coronavirus putting people off buying used cars, will the market crash? Opinions..
Don’t think it’ll crash but cars will take longer to sell for sure

Was going to change cars but no one will trade the current one due to the Wuhan Flu so yes having some impact.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I've had a few calls today from people itching to buy if the prices crash a bit.

I sold a car on Sunday privately. A little cheaper than I wanted (£350 less) but I wanted the money before the end of the tax year and I'm not using it so tax and insurance ongoing costs were a consideration. They weren't asking for 25% off or anything like that.

I would imagine that people will be wary of taking on a new car on HP or a PCP with so many jobs in danger.

So maybe good s/h car prices will actually be firmer?

I’m actually in two minds about hanging on to our 2001 A-Class, though I think it may go up for sale soon, shame because I kind of love it :cool:

I got offered solid money for my Macan turbo last week. Rejected it and now I’m questioning whether I made the right decision

The market was slow already in my experience, I think it will slow right down now. Unfortunately people who “have” to sell quickly will inevitably take a big hit on value. Those with already deep pockets will no doubt go on a spending spree and pick up some bargains.

slightly off topic, but my mate is trying to buy a monitor or TV to work from home; non available that he wants online; all sold out. Some things are shifting lift hot cakes, other things are selling like cruise holidays (sorry CCL.L).

Reactions: m80
slightly off topic, but my mate is trying to buy a monitor or TV to work from home; non available that he wants online; all sold out. Some things are shifting lift hot cakes, other things are selling like cruise holidays (sorry CCL.L).

Richer Sounds?
PC World? ..... try going into a store/check stock online.

Was going to change cars but no one will trade the current one due to the Wuhan Flu so yes having some impact.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
It’s called Covid-19 not ,Wuhan flu please

Let me know what he wants, I am now a fully paid up Covid 19 supply guru ;-). For my CV I could get my hands on alcohol based sanitizer earlier this week, only £1 a bottle markup lol (all gone now).

I have a Brother WiFi colour laser printer if anyone wants it for home use, demo model, slight box damage, £50 or exchange for 12x hand sanitizers and a packet of Mince, buyer collects!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Richer Sounds?
PC World? ..... try going into a store/check stock online.
My son bought one from Argos yesterday, didn't seem to be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom