Used Ftype V8 R or New C63S Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why aren't you quite the Heroine...

You posted a picture of a W204- could be any type of W204 with an AMG badge on for all we know. Parked up on a main road, near a KFC and God knows what else on the high street.

That's a far cry away from a congregation of cars, parked inside a car park... owned by a restaurant

Is it not?

We have Google nowadays, I'm sure you can search better than that

F.u.2 :)

It could be any type of W204 with quad exhausts and a C63 badge on the nearside rear parked up at KFC.

Job done.

Scott_F said:
It could be any type of W204 with quad exhausts and a C63 badge on the nearside rear parked up at KFC. Job done.

Although still proving your original point invalid?

Two very different cars. If you don't mind two seats though I'd always go with a 911.

Other than straight line pace and an exhaust note that gets annoying after a week I don't see how the f type can live with a 991.

Last edited:
Scott_F said:
If it looks like a duck.....

I think it's just you that hangs around KFC car parks, enough to notice what cars apparently appear there

Guess the Jag is fine if you can live with 2 seats and prefer a used car to a brand new one with a 3 year warranty etc.. As for C63's being common not sure where you live but don't see any around where I live and its a pretty affluent area.

To be fair I do see a lot of F-Types too just not a many as I see AMG's. AMG's are certainly the car of the moment, they're every where.

Two very different cars. If you don't mind two seats though I'd always go with a 911.

Other than straight line pace and an exhaust note that gets annoying after a week I don't see how the f type can live with a 991.

Or a Cayman GT4.

Have you seen the price of a cayman GT4? Not exactly a comfy GT car like a Jag is it either?

As for a 911 if you buy a new base Carrera they start at around £76,000 before options!! but will no doubt hold their price well if that's your thing. Also worth noting that perhaps the Jag is more sophisticated and has that V8, Porsches' are good but modern V6's aren't perhaps as good as the previous Naturally Aspirated engines as is often the case when twin-T's are introduced. But hey that's progress!!

Last edited:
I'd buy the F-Type R all day long, the C-Class coupe would definitely be more practical though.

They're two completely different markets though to be fair to the C-Class, but it does show you how much extra you can get for your money if you're prepared to buy a year or two old.

You may also need to consider how long you intend of keeping your next car. Personally I am a bit funny with high performance cars and probably would only buy new as being old school also think that the last owner(s) may have ripped the ar.. out of it and could lead to problems down the road. But as long as you have a water tight warranty then perhaps that won't be a problem.

I've just had the C63 Coupe and also was lucky enough to haven driven the F Type last weekend. Both great cars and both have great exhaust notes.

But for what ever reason I would chose the C63.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just had the C63 Coupe and also was lucky enough to haven driven the F Type last weekend. Both great cars and both have great exhaust notes.

But for what ever reason I would chose the C63.

Best of luck.

C63 Coupe W205

Well as this thread is slowing down just want to say if you ask what car should I get on a Mercedes forum and give a choice of either a Jag or a Mercedes, most people will recommend a Mercedes. Perhaps you need to join a Jag forum and ask the same question and then make your mind up, LOL. Merry Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom