Used ML280 - views required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
I was looking at a new E Class estate but cannot bring myself to shell out so much money and the car is never mine. So, I have switched targets to used Range Rover Sports and possibly an ML.

Looking at this one at MB Skipton, two owners, tier one warranty, 53000 miles and about £19700. Although I have had an 08 plate GL from new, I am not familiar with MLs and their potential fragilities or strengths.

Can the learned gathering comment on this car and on ML ownership pitfalls :D

Approved Used 2009 MERCEDES-BENZ ML280 CDI in Skipton for sale

My MB technician friend reckons the ML to be better than a GL in terms of reliability and build quality. I think the one you are looking at is too expensive for the mileage (and 2 owners) etc. You should be able to find one with lower miles for less money. I am not a fan of Alcantra and would prefer all leather or the man made version.

Hello

Up until recently I had an E class estate, and when I was looking to changed liked the R class.

I asked my independent what they thought and they would chose the ML at a drop of a hat. Apparently very good all round.

Good job as my dad changing cars meant I now own an ML, so far its great. I like being sat high up again (I also had the W163 version at one point). Mine is quite well speced as it has full leather, roof, off road pack, air, command etc etc... I like it.

Its averaging around 30mpg although I will probably fit a D6 or similar so that should go up a tiny bit.

feels very safe and very comfy. Coming from a GL its probably very similar.

Peter..... Long time no speak.... I've had my 63 a year in July and have loved the car since I bought it, I'd be moving it on by now but no!! it's a keeper for the foreseeable...
The only problems I've had is the keyless go handles have a mind of their own and when i bought it both rear air shocks were replaced under warranty as they were knocking...other than that, it's just turned 36k miles and is a joy to own and drive.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I suspected the ML would be pretty similar to the GL320 we had, I loved that car! Glad to hear that reliability is pretty good, I have also been looking at the Range Rover Sport and full fat RR, they tend to be more expensive than the ML at the same age and they seem to have a few more issues.

The ML I listed, appears to be at a competitive price compared to others listed on Autotrader and the AUC site, interesting that it may be considered expensive. Any deal I cut would include a years tax (£490) and I am aware that Stratstone like to think they have a no price negotiation policy on their cars. That car has also had £1500 worth of prep done to it to prepare for sale, I was emailed the internal novice, it's had a full service, new side step new spare key and a few other bits and bobs. It doesn't have a full MB history, hence the full service, and it also has a set of no premium 'mid range' (salesmans words) tyres on it.

Peter..... Long time no speak.... I've had my 63 a year in July and have loved the car since I bought it, I'd be moving it on by now but no!! it's a keeper for the foreseeable...
The only problems I've had is the keyless go handles have a mind of their own and when i bought it both rear air shocks were replaced under warranty as they were knocking...other than that, it's just turned 36k miles and is a joy to own and drive.

Hi Greg, it's great to be back on here and good to see you are enjoying your 63. I love the way this forum keeps going with all the familiar contributors. Maybe I can even get back into an Mercedes !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom