Used my W205 horn for first time today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe...but in fairness to the BMW...the road markings are absolutely stupid.

at least I know what my horn sounds like now

...don't know what my alarm sounds like yet. Hopefully it DOESN'T use the horn sound.

In the 204 it's got it's own hi pitched siren, it's also harder to access than the horn, and has its own battery.

Test it, just lock it with the window down, wait a minute then put your hands in and clap.

Serious question, is the indicator stalk on a BMW really awkward to access? As I'm sure I see far more BMWs fail to indicate than any other marque.

Serious question, is the indicator stalk on a BMW really awkward to access? As I'm sure I see far more BMWs fail to indicate than any other marque.

That can be simply explained as a Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon.

But some BMW drivers are dicks, just like some Merc, Audi drivers are...:eek:

I believe the use of the indicator stalk requires extensive multi tasking.

You have to be able to operate it while steering, observing the road, operating the accelerator pedal, gears maybe, and be prepared to brake.

This BMW driver is a idiot! :mad: You can at times forgive poor driving because of conditions, road markings, lost etc but certainly not if there is no apology/hazard flash :devil:

There is no fairness to the BMW - he used the dedicated RH turn box to overtake - nob.

No he didn't. Road markings allow merging. Both lanes are straight on.

The BMW was only guilty of an unnecessary over take.

I think op should just accept some people are impatient.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I guess it wasn't so much the impatience, more the probability of scrapping doors if I hadn't eased off the gas, as he seemed determined to get in front of me and not drop in behind me.

I guess it wasn't so much the impatience, more the probability of scrapping doors if I hadn't eased off the gas, as he seemed determined to get in front of me and not drop in behind me.

Agreed. He/she was just impatient without any need.

The bmw was a bit cheeky but was obeying the road markings when he came across in front of you, did you not see what was about to happen in your mirror?

I dont bother with horns. If someone is an idiot they won't care about your horn or worse it'll just get their backs up.

Presume it's central London?

If so, that is completely normal behavior.

That's actually not bad for London driving, in fact that's mild

Ive always liked Merc horns.....they are made to sound like you mean business !!!!

My Ford Focus horn sounds like a pussy cat !!!

No he didn't. Road markings allow merging. Both lanes are straight on.

The BMW was only guilty of an unnecessary over take.

I think op should just accept some people are impatient.

Fraid he did - at 30sec he nipped into the dedicated rh turn lane, before crossing the chevrons to get back to the straight on lane.

Naughty.

It is within reach, but there have been unconfirmed reports of electric shocks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom