Used OriginAL Brabus Springs!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting....I'm looking to lower my 1990 W123 230e. Pity I don't read German! Can anyone translate and do you know if these will fit and lower my vehicle. Would I be better off buying a new set of springs? Looks like they will only post to Germany.

Interesting....I'm looking to lower my 1990 W123 230e. Pity I don't read German! Can anyone translate and do you know if these will fit and lower my vehicle. Would I be better off buying a new set of springs? Looks like they will only post to Germany.

You will find most Germans speak/write pretty good english. just email them..if you have real problems, I am sure mattc will translate for you

Paddy

Would 124 springs fit a 123, though?
Was it the same suspension in the Coupe, Saloon and Estate (the seller mentioning these springs are from an estate) :confused:
Also, It would be nice to know how many miles these springs have covered.

Darren

Last edited:
no mention of mileage, came off an estate but says will fit coupe etc. strange "one size fits all" approach given Merc originally did various springs and dampers based on wquipment levels

Seller passes the buck to the buyer by stating Brabus have the necessary details (presumably based on part number) on the parts if you ask them.

Personally I would steer clear.

Good advice...I'll buy new. and my speedy typing managed to change my W124 into a W123 in my comment above....is someone telling me I should sell and get an older model?!

I guess they 'physically' fit all w124's but won't be the right stiffness etc.

Different engine weights, self-levelling etc all mean the springs need to be the right ones for the model.

t

Thanks Talbir..have you any advice on spring / dampers for my vehicle. Its a 1990 W124 saloon 230e, optioned with the uprated 'higher' suspension, as it was in Africa for the first 3 years of its life, although UK registered.

I'd like to lower it a little, a bit more than the standard ride height of UK spec cars.

Would 124 springs fit a 123, though?Darren

My research this week shows that many rear W123 springs are the same as rear W126... However I dont think they cross over to the W124 at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom