Used SL 55 AMG in original white colour = Realistic expectation or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

laurensparsons

Car
VW
Hey all, wanted to introduce myself, I'm in the market for my first real car, I love SL 55s in white, now Iv been watching the market for several months now and so far none have come up in original white, some old model cat d resprays and some wraps but I'm not interested in that,

So I'm wondering am i being unrealistic waiting for a white one to come up as the colour wasn't in fashion then? I'm after a fairly new model with very low millage... perhaps you guys know of someone here thats thinking of selling? feel free to text me if so on 07964129267,

thanks Laurens Parsons:crazy:

White wasn't so popular a few years back. There must only be a handful in the country. And to find a nice one with low miles, I think your looking for a needle in a haystack.

Not sure I've ever seen one :confused:

Also another thing to remember, the white MB would have used in 2002-04 would have been a different white to the white seen in current models...... A bit like buying a W124 in white and expecting it to be the same white as a 2013 E class......

Thanks for thoughts guys!

Right so, im thinking that i will watch the market for another three months and try my luck, i understand in 2003 there was only one white sl55 in the country, i wonder do you think that later models would be more in white? I wonder when white became fashionable? What do you thinks my luck? By the way... Steve jobs and one in what he called ipod white!

White was fashionable about 3 years ago, times have changed, bronze/brown is the new white.

Allegro colours are not cool!

One just come up on autotrader looks great but very pricey.

Brown is the new white. I'd be extremely surprised if anybody at all ordered a white SL55 in the UK. Maybe a little more likely in somewhere like Spain or even the Middle East, but that would be LHD, and still extremely rare.

That one does look quite tasty. Don't know what it is about white wrapped cars (usually Mercs and BMWs and you can always just tell) but they always look a bit cheap and nasty, just my opinion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom