Used this product on the black plastic trim today...all I can say is WOW !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
For some time now I've had a tiny bottle of C4 Plastic and rubber trim nano coat from Gtechniq but never used it. This stuff is expensive at £24.49 for 15ml.

I tried it today on the black plastic trim of my car and I am truly impressed :bannana:.....WOW !!!! It totally restored the trim to new condition......none of the grease associated with products such as Back to Black etc. Furthermore the finish is supposed to last two years.

You have to be really careful not to get it onto the paintwork as it means sanding it off of it dries, as it puts a nano coating on.

15ml may not seem a lot, but this stuff really goes a long way...you apply it with a makeup removal pad...also supplied.

I got it after reading up on the stuff on Detailing world......here is the thread and also price list for anyone that's interested.

Last edited:
You make sure that the trim is clean, mask off any surrounding paintwork, and simply apply with the make up removal pad and leave it.

15ml is not a lot of liquid but this stuff does go a long way when you are applying it :)

This stuff is way superior to anything else I have ever used and I have used most....but the real test will be in how long the finish lasts :)

Last edited:
Thanks desilva,

I already honed my googling skills and found them!

At the time of searching, the C4 product you bought was not on the site, so I emailed them and bought some using Paypal!

All I need to do is to try it out...

Thanks!

I'd wait 6 months and see how it lasts, quite a few of these products look great but don't hold up to the weather. But at that price I sure hope it does!!

S

So that would be £1,632.66 per litre..........:eek:

Oh yes...

The bottle you get for about £24.49 is rather small...

Thank heavens a CLK doesn't have too much black plastic :)

I am going to do a before wash, before application, after application type slideshow for my own amusement... saddo that I am!

So that would be £1,632.66 per litre..........:eek:

So if it's a nano particulate suspension then thats about £1,632 per litre profit then...........:D

The most expensive nano particulates that go into this type of product cost about £10 per Kg as a solid grade product, make that down into a liquid which is 10% - 20% active and thats one hell of a mark up

It's not the cost that counts its the effect it creates that important, so if it does last 2 years and you are happy with the finish £24.49 would be reasonable after all somebody probably did spend millions of research dollars discovering it and they have to get their money back somehow.

Last edited:
Question - have you washed the car AFTER applying it? I found some of these products are all too similar to black shoe polish and tend to run, leaving horrid black streaks next time you wash the car...

Question - have you washed the car AFTER applying it? I found some of these products are all too similar to black shoe polish and tend to run, leaving horrid black streaks next time you wash the car...

If its a true nano particulate suspension it should bond to the plastic and should not give up any of its colour so avoiding runs, I'm assuming this product is white, off white or clear?

The wee bottle is filled with a clear liquid.

Aside from wastage considerations.... should one be wary of contaminating themselves with such a product?

The wee bottle is filled with a clear liquid.

Aside from wastage considerations.... should one be wary of contaminating themselves with such a product?

Hard to say without knowing what type of carrier liquid the particles are in but most of them tend to be Acrylate based so whilst the odd drop on the skin isn't going to hurt I wouldn't make a habit of it and would definitely use latex gloves when applying these sort of products. Is there no indication on the bottle regarding splashes to skin eyes etc.. there usually is

It is a clear liquid and wear gloves when you apply, and KEEP IT OFF THE PAINTWORK.

Regarding lasting.....so far Ive had it on the car for the last 3 - 4 weeks and the car has had three washes since then and Ive suffered no fade. My black trim to be honest has never looked better and if this stuff even lasts a few months, its a damn site better that anything else out there on the market :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom