Useless navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pen-ultimate

Car
CL 500
I purchased a used CL500 2004 from a main dealer a few weeks ago but I've found the Command Nav rather frustrating.

When I leave Heathrow to drive home to Salisbury it tries to take me via Southampton and the M27 :confused:

Anybody who knows the area will tell you; that's a long way off course. :( It doesn't seem to matter if I use short, fast or dynamic route.

It also insists that I drive into Salisbury on to the ring road rather than directly home.

Have I set something up wrongly? My only previous experience with GPS is my wife's TomTom which is normally well behaved.

TIA
Pen.

Last edited:
It sounds like either your system meeds updating or your sat nav CD is out of date or both.

Ive had sat nav's since they came out.

Sat nav is best looked at as being a saviour in a location your not familiar. Setting a destination from A to B where you travel reguarly often means a route you might not take.

just my 2p's

Sat nav is best looked at as being a saviour in a location your not familiar. Setting a destination from A to B where you travel reguarly often means a route you might not take.

I agree, it will get you there, but not a route a local would necessarily take.

The answer may be to start going the way you want to, ignoring the sat-nav routing, and then the sat-nav will change it's mind and try your way. However it does not remember it, so you will have to do it every time.

An alternative is to enter a "via" location which will then take that route.

It might pay you to update the software to the latest though.

Last edited:
TMC? Wonder if the M3 was particularly bad at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom