Using a leaf blower to dry your car .

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
Serious question, anyone done it with good results. ?

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
Ideally the water should be moved off the car rather than allowed to evaporate. Does the leaf blower push the water off the car? Or evaporate it? Or both?

glenavy-drongo

Car
CLK55 Cayman S Sport Ducati Diavel Harley Fat Boy
Bit sad, but this is what I use...

Makita UB1103/2 240 V Blower​

D

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
I'm happy to carry on using microfibre towels.;)
TBH Rog, it was specifically bought for my crotch rocket, but occasionally I use it on the car within the engine bay, otherwise it is rinsed with a DI vessel and left alone.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
Ideally the water should be moved off the car rather than allowed to evaporate. Does the leaf blower push the water off the car? Or evaporate it? Or both?
It blows it off. Works best when there’s a hydrophobic voting of some sort. The water beads just roll off with the flow of air. The air is possibly heated slightly, so it’s probably marginally warmer than ambient temperature, but nowhere near enough to cause the water to evalpirate.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
It blows it off. Works best when there’s a hydrophobic voting of some sort. The water beads just roll off with the flow of air. The air is possibly heated slightly, so it’s probably marginally warmer than ambient temperature, but nowhere near enough to cause the water to evalpirate.
Voting should be coating! 😁

knighterrant

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 C350 Sport with M276 engine
I have one of these that I've only used to blast all residue water out of nooks and crannies rather than finding streaks left behind later. I've never considered using it to blow all the water off before, perhaps I'll try it.

metro-side-kick_2-1512x1396w.jpg

OP
OP
OneForTheRoad

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
I have one of these that I've only used to blast all residue water out of nooks and crannies rather than finding streaks left behind later. I've never considered using it to blow all the water off before, perhaps I'll try it.

View attachment 112570
Video it.

I usually drive for 5 minutes at 70mph to dry it off , but it gets dirty again. 😁

C43AMG

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) Sold, 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
Hmm.... not sure I want to risk blowing stones at my car with my Stihl petrol blower / vac.
I've used mine for years to blow off the water, as has been said it's a lot easier if the car has ceramic coating.

Jibbajabba

SUPPORTER
Car
E63S
By the way - if you are lazy like me you can also just use a water filter :

I essentially pressure washer the car, clean it and last clean / rinse is with filtered water ... no water spots at all - can air / drive dry the car.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s211 e55k
I us my own breath, under the mirrors around the door handles edges of side trim, But im quite fit lol,

Also another member on said they use a Detail spray after washing to help dry the car which also i find does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom