Using a leaf blower to dry your car .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
Serious question, anyone done it with good results. ?

Ideally the water should be moved off the car rather than allowed to evaporate. Does the leaf blower push the water off the car? Or evaporate it? Or both?

Bit sad, but this is what I use...

Makita UB1103/2 240 V Blower​

D

I'm happy to carry on using microfibre towels.;)
TBH Rog, it was specifically bought for my crotch rocket, but occasionally I use it on the car within the engine bay, otherwise it is rinsed with a DI vessel and left alone.

Ideally the water should be moved off the car rather than allowed to evaporate. Does the leaf blower push the water off the car? Or evaporate it? Or both?
It blows it off. Works best when there’s a hydrophobic voting of some sort. The water beads just roll off with the flow of air. The air is possibly heated slightly, so it’s probably marginally warmer than ambient temperature, but nowhere near enough to cause the water to evalpirate.

I'll just get my wife to go and talk at it - she's full of wind and hot air!😁

It blows it off. Works best when there’s a hydrophobic voting of some sort. The water beads just roll off with the flow of air. The air is possibly heated slightly, so it’s probably marginally warmer than ambient temperature, but nowhere near enough to cause the water to evalpirate.
Voting should be coating! 😁

I have one of these that I've only used to blast all residue water out of nooks and crannies rather than finding streaks left behind later. I've never considered using it to blow all the water off before, perhaps I'll try it.

metro-side-kick_2-1512x1396w.jpg

I have one of these that I've only used to blast all residue water out of nooks and crannies rather than finding streaks left behind later. I've never considered using it to blow all the water off before, perhaps I'll try it.

View attachment 112570
Video it.

I usually drive for 5 minutes at 70mph to dry it off , but it gets dirty again. 😁

Hmm.... not sure I want to risk blowing stones at my car with my Stihl petrol blower / vac.
I've used mine for years to blow off the water, as has been said it's a lot easier if the car has ceramic coating.

View attachment 112570

Don't ... I got the same and it takes hours to blow all water off - not worth the effort ...

By the way - if you are lazy like me you can also just use a water filter :

I essentially pressure washer the car, clean it and last clean / rinse is with filtered water ... no water spots at all - can air / drive dry the car.

I us my own breath, under the mirrors around the door handles edges of side trim, But im quite fit lol,

Also another member on said they use a Detail spray after washing to help dry the car which also i find does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom