Using COMAND in Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Does COMAND automatically give distances and directions in metric when one is abroad or do I have to do something to set this up?

Thanks

I have my comand set to show meters all the time, I like them, they are not as long as miles;)
I have several meters in our car :devil: :) :) Where's that pedantic bloke when he is really needed? I COMAND him to meter the spelling errors ;)

Regards
John the imperial

I have several meters in our car :devil: :) :) Where's that pedantic bloke when he is really needed? I COMAND him to meter the spelling errors ;)

Regards
John the imperial

It feels more natural to use metre's for me, but the last time I spelt it that way someone complained, I cant think who :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:that was

It feels more natural to use metre's for me, but the last time I spelt it that way someone complained, I cant think who :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:that was
Some blooming foreigner I bet?:devil: :)

itainthalfhotmum_2.jpg

To get back to the thread ...

As far as I recall, you have to reset the units yourself. But I'll double check when I'm in France tomorrow morning!

To get back to the thread ...

As far as I recall, you have to reset the units yourself. But I'll double check when I'm in France tomorrow morning!

Sanity prevails...................:D

Does COMAND automatically give distances and directions in metric when one is abroad or do I have to do something to set this up?

On my COMAND, you need to change the language setting from English Imperial to English Metric. Either via the COMAND settings, or via the cluster if COMAND has been set to follow the cluster.

I think I will have to do that very unmanly thing and read the bleeding manual..............:devil:

You will have to change it manually.

Don't forget to change it to French as well.:rolleyes:

Bonjourney.

Bonjourney.
I was playing with our Sprinter Pioneer unit, changed the language.......... and boy was it embarrassing trying to figure out how to get the thing back to English. :eek: :eek: :eek:

John

I was playing with our Sprinter Pioneer unit, changed the language.......... and boy was it embarrassing trying to figure out how to get the thing back to English. :eek: :eek: :eek:

John

That very things earns me good money on new TV's once they have changed the language they are stuffed and call me out.

I dont mind and I think its a good thing :):):)

Bonjourney.

just read the manual and cant see anyway to do it........

Oh, I'll set it to French for you :devil: ;).

And television can then make some more money out of setting it back :D.

I dont want it to talk french to me -- I can see how to do that -- but i want it to tell me distances in metres etc not yards ...or will it do this automatically when on continent (almost wrote when in europe)..lol

Right now listen very carefully I shall say this only once.:D

Go to your instrument panel settings on the steering wheel. Change the reading from Miles to Kms. Then the Comand will give you distances in Kms as well. Ok?;) ;)

Iv'e just tried it and it works on mine mate.

Right now listen very carefully I shall say this only once.:D

Go to your instrument panel settings on the steering wheel. Change the reading from Miles to Kms. Then the Comand will give you distances in Kms as well. Ok?;) ;)

Iv'e just tried it and it works on mine mate.

On mine that will work as well, provided I have set the COMAND language setting to "same as cluster".

Crockers, in the language menu I have two options for English: English (Imp) and English (Metric). Perhaps yours is similar?

Cheers - I'll look tomorrow...:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom