Using COMAND satnav abroad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jupiter2step

Car
S211 E220 CDI Avantagarde
Hello

I am taking the car to France next week and can't figure out how to set the satnav up for for addresses on the continent. Does it automatically change to a European map when I cross the channel or should I do something first of all?

Cheers.

Change your readings in the cluster controls to metric and it will give you distances in metres too.

Does it automatically change to a European map when I cross the channel or should I do something first of all?

Cheers.

I know there are a few different systems in use but in mine it's just one map - if I zoom put enough I can see the whole of Europe.

All French, German and Italian addresses, and probably the whole of Europe, have a numeric postcode eg Calais is 62100, Paris is 75000. On many trips, I have found comand to be extremely accurate, particularly street details in towns. All private addresses use the same system, it will be there on all Hotel pages. Very easy to enter, you can do it now before you go. I have already entered mine for the trip in September, 7 different ones. You can rename them to something you will recognise such as 'Paris Hotel'. If you can only see one map, have you selected 'Map' or 'Nav' on the comand? You need 'Nav'

OOP's. Map/Nav info/comment meant for Rory, not Jupiter2step, but I am sure Rory knows what he's doing, looking at his posts.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Was sure I was missing something, but apparently not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom