Using iPhone, telephone pre wire and media interface together!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyR

Car
CLS Grand Edition
I've just acquired a 2010 CLS Grand Edition. Gorgeous. It came with telephone pre wire and media interface kit (and even three connecting cables). The dealer connected my iPhone 4 to Comand via bluetooth and it works! I was in a bit of a hurry and couldn't go through everything. The trouble is the phone battery is being drained very rapidly. I would also like to use the iPhone to play music.

Now here's the problem.

I understand that I can get the phone charging via a cradle connected to the gizmo in the armrest (the telephone pre wire). Other than charging the phone and utilising the roof aerial is there any further advantage given a cradle is over £200! I could just plug it in to the ciggy lighter to keep it charged!

I also thought that if I bought the cradle with a cable I could then plug the cable in "somewhere" to enable me to play music. And here's the nub. I can't find the "somewhere" to plug it in, in the armrest. There's a connection point in the glovebox but I cant conceive of the phone being attached to a cradle in the armrest with a long cable trailing from the armrest over the passenger to the glovebox.

Where have I gone wrong. Can I just not see the connection point in the armrest? Where is it? what's the best way of achieving my desire to use my phone without losing charge and having access to my music.

Many thanks

One of the three cables should have the Apple 30 pin connector on the other end. Just plug this cable into the socket in the glovebox & the other end into the iPhone & shut the lid on the glovebox. You can control the music through Comand and charge the phone whilst still being able to use the 'phone' via Bluetooth.

Ah! Didn't consider the possibility of the media interface charging the thing as well. Thanks.

The only thing is, I would have liked my phone a little closer to me than in the glovebox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom