Using the scroll wheel mouse button in IE7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

High-Lo

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 X166 Mercedes GL350, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, Porsche 968 Cabriolet
Just upgraded to IE7 and have found an annoying feature that was not in IE6. Does anyone know if there is any way to disable the feature in IE7 where you click on the scroll wheel of your mouse and it opens the link in a new window/tab?

I'm finding it very frustrating :(

Thanks in advance,
Steve

depends how you have your scroll wheel set up I guess, mine switches on the magnifier and zooms in or out if I click on the wheel - dead useful

Andy

depends how you have your scroll wheel set up I guess, mine switches on the magnifier and zooms in or out if I click on the wheel - dead useful

Andy

Yup, check your mouse settings in control panel.

Mine backpages when in programmes or on the internet.;)

As above. Mine is set to whatever the 'scroll lock' feature is called, so you click it then move the mouse slightly to make a page scroll continuously. The further you make the mouse move the faster it goes. A lot easier than furiously twirling the wheel on long pages/documents.

Thanks for your replies. It seems that there is a difference between standard and smooth scrolling for my middle laptop mouse button. The standard scrolling now works fine without clicking links while the smooth scrolling does open a new tab when the button is used. Definitely caused strange behaviour since the upgrade to IE7 but nevertheless I can live with the standard scrolling for now.

Thanks again,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom