using vegetable oil in diesel engine ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winterman

Car
2003 ML270 CDi Auto
what would i need to do to run my 2003 ml270 on vegetable oil if it is at all possible as i have been told by a work colleage that he is running his mercedes on it :dk:

Not a good idea with your engine but there are kits availible.

There are a few companies doing similar.

If my memory is correct a few weeks ago Chop Shop on the Quest channel did a conversion on a diesel car to run on used curry oil it seamed quite a simple conversion to do

If my memory is correct a few weeks ago Chop Shop on the Quest channel did a conversion on a diesel car to run on used curry oil it seamed quite a simple conversion to do

The police tried this on thier Pasanda cars but it resulted in handling difficulties, particularly when taking sharp Korma's at speed.

I beleave your car has a common rail engine,
this means a lot of mods to run veg,
but it should run fine on biodiesel as long as it's well made,
at this point I have to say that many places selling biodiesel cut alot of corners and thus it's not the best quolity.

for more info have a good look on vegetableoildiesel.co.uk - Powered by XMB

what would i need to do to run my 2003 ml270 on vegetable oil if it is at all possible as i have been told by a work colleage that he is running his mercedes on it :dk:
Avoid the traffic cops:eek:

please get your facts correct before posting such things on an open forum....

many of us run our cars perfectly legally on veg oil.

i'm not going to give you the info regarding the legalities - i suggest you do the research yourself.

Sorry to be a bit harsh but it really annoys me and fuels this common misunderstanding.... if this type of post didnt exist then maybe i wouldnt spend so long "arguing" my case with people on the street who see it fit to "confront me" on my illegal "tax dodging" fuel

Last edited:
please get your facts correct before posting such things on an open forum....

many of us run our cars perfectly legally on veg oil.

i'm not going to give you the info regarding the legalities - i suggest you do the research yourself.

Sorry to be a bit harsh but it really annoys me and fuels this common misunderstanding.... if this type of post didnt exist then maybe i wouldnt spend so long "arguing" my case with people on the street who see it fit to "confront me" on my illegal "tax dodging" fuel
Re read-illegal with a question mark,i don't claim to know the legalities of running cars on vegetable oil & have seen people on tv(road wars etc)being stopped & having vehicles confiscated for using it hence my suprise when asked why to my original reply of watch out for the traffic cops.A little bit of light hearted banter is one of the reasons why i & many others use open forums such as this one,won't do the research myself as not interested.

Re read-illegal with a question mark,i don't claim to know the legalities of running cars on vegetable oil & have seen people on tv(road wars etc)being stopped & having vehicles confiscated for using it hence my suprise when asked why to my original reply of watch out for the traffic cops.A little bit of light hearted banter is one of the reasons why i & many others use open forums such as this one,won't do the research myself as not interested.

Anther case of "the writen word" being easily misinterprited.

And probably miss spelt as well.

Re read-illegal with a question mark,i don't claim to know the legalities of running cars on vegetable oil & have seen people on tv(road wars etc)being stopped & having vehicles confiscated for using it hence my suprise when asked why to my original reply of watch out for the traffic cops.

I think you may be thinking of red diesel.

A little bit of light hearted banter is one of the reasons why i & many others use open forums such as this one,won't do the research myself as not interested.

Then why comment?

Educational info - vegetableoildiesel.co.uk - Powered by XMB

The police tried this on thier Pasanda cars but it resulted in handling difficulties, particularly when taking sharp Korma's at speed.
I'd heard it was to do with the effects of making the air conditioning too chile. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that's what was mentioned in the hit Indian motoring series 'Top Ghee'

Last edited:
Hi winterman

Using neat veg oil in a modern direct injection diesel (which I assume yours is) can cause problems that include the way in which pyrolised deposits get stuck on the combustion chamber walls so be careful. Neat veg oil tends to work fine on indirect injection diesel engines but please do some research before going ahead.

For those of you confused by the legalities of the fuel its easy.

biodiesel is made from bios
red diesel is made from pickled beetroot
white diesel is made from turnips.

:D

Last edited:
Following posts and keeping an open mind! Bearing in mind though that when I was involved with Kia cars coupla years back we had a couple of diesel Sorentos with killed engines after owners ran them on bio-diesel and Kia wouldnt pay up!

Following posts and keeping an open mind! Bearing in mind though that when I was involved with Kia cars coupla years back we had a couple of diesel Sorentos with killed engines after owners ran them on bio-diesel and Kia wouldnt pay up!

Most manufacturers state the % of bio and the rating that is acceptable. if you go over that when under warranty you are probably on your own.

I'd heard it was to do with the effects of making the air conditioning too chile. :rolleyes:

Or ... The femaler drivers too saucy !!

Or ...
You could ask for a Tarka dall side dish.
It's like the pasanda, but a little 'otter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom