Uxbridge: Wheel Theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I've had a bad day. It started with me getting a parking-ticket. While the attendant lifted my windscreen wiper to put the ticket, he set the alarm off. This in turn meant I got back to an immobilized car that wouldn't let me in. I then got home, only to find that the game I had just bought (Goldeneye) was in fact an empty box. Queue driving back to Tesco, where I find out that they had none in stock. While they tried refunding me for the game, the guy billed my card for another copy of the game. So £60 down, + a parking ticket and ask to speak to the manager, who sorts out the refund. As I walk out of the store, the alarm goes off (which I ignore as I know I have a few security tags in my pocket from a prank I was setting up for a friend a few days ago). The security guard chases me to my car, and looks at me only to realise I don't have any bags, my sweater is too tight to hide anything under and lets me go. I finally buy the game from another tesco in the area and head home - only to find that 5 tyres were stolen from my driveway (hidden behind one of the cars - so unless the thieves saw them a few days ago while I was moving the cars around as I started fitting the tyres, they must have walked into my driveway and around the other cars before seeing them. What really frustrates me is that I left them "out" only for a few days as I swapped them around, one a day, when I got back from work.).

Anyhow. Here's the appeal:

----------------------------------

Sometime between my going to work yesterday and this morning, 5 wheels disappeared from my driveway. 3 are the Mercedes "pepper pot" alloy, and 2 are the "6-spoke star" alloy. The 2 have some HIGHLY illegal winter tyres (with the thread so low that it’s smooth, and both have a puncture repaired with the outside-in plug, which also makes them illegal to drive with in the UK). The other three were donations from W124 works for the rally. One of these doesn’t even have a valve core, so cannot be inflated.

So, this is an appeal to those people that took the wheels & tyres. Those were meant to go to a needy charity in Mali. Please return them; just leave them outside my house.

This appeal also goes to any used tyre/wheel stores in the Uxbridge area. If you get the wheels described above; please do contact me. Drop me a message using the contact us form, call my mobile (077 077 377 33) or email me (papu <at> team book two [dot] com (remove the spaces).

I will give the police a call tomorrow, no point in dialling 999 as this isn’t an emergency…. I’m hoping the wheel s have been taken by a few drunk college kids and abandoned down the road – but after a quick walk around the block, I haven’t had any luck finding them.

So, again, if you have our wheels – please do return them. If you know where they are, there’s a reward if your information leads to finding the wheel s again.

---------------------

Talk about a bad day!

On a side note, can anyone recommend a good wired CCTV system with 6-8 cameras?

M.

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised with this post?:rolleyes:
Sorry Spinal.

Can't help , but sorry to read this .

Sorry for your crappy day.

I doubt you will get the wheels back. Alloy fetches good ££ at the scrappie.

sorry to hear that but sadly this is the society we live in now, so we have to constantly watch our selves and property....

Sorry to hear this sad tale. We lived in Ruislip before we moved here.

We loved the area but it's a shame things are starting to go downhill.

Last edited:
Sorry for your crappy day.

I doubt you will get the wheels back. Alloy fetches good ££ at the scrappie.

Take a stroll to the local scrappie tomorrow????

They don't work sundays! They are busy pinching alloy.....

Take a stroll to the local scrappie tomorrow????

The closest place I know that has part-worn tyres and wheels is on the road to Southall... I'm going that way tomorrow. The wheels are VERY recogniseable (in part because I repaired one just the other day while making a video for the website, and in part because of the dust-caps on the valves).

Now that the rage is wearing down, I'm a little worried. The only way the wheels could have been stolen is if someone walked up the driveway and around the side of the house where the side door is... and that's only to see them!

Every man's house is their castle... but mine feels a little vulnerable right now! Does one need planning permission to put a gate on the front wall? What about to raise the wall by another... meter or so? (I'm assuming bear-traps are illegal... doh!)

M.

P.S. Oh, and they left 4x new Insa Sahara tyres on a set of practically new alloys (used once at the devils pit) sitting right next to them! Maybe these were too big/heavy? (these now have been put in my living room while I figure out a way to bolt them to something)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that Spinal.

Last week a neighbour had his gas meter stolen - the police said it was probably stolen for scrap metal. Luckily for him the thieves had the decency to put on some sort of improvised plug, so there was no gas leak, but it took 4 days for British Gas to install a new meter - and it's pretty cold these days!

Hope those wheels turn up.

P.S. Oh, and they left 4x new Insa Sahara tyres on a set of practically new alloys (used once at the devils pit) sitting right next to them! Maybe these were too big/heavy? (these now have been put in my living room while I figure out a way to bolt them to something)

Never mind bolting them to someting, leave them outside wired to the mains - I'm sure you would not mind the electricity bill!

Sorry to hear your ban news. Don't you just wish you could catch these scrotes at it.... second thoughts, maybe not - - I'm not sure how far I'd go if I did...

Does one need planning permission to put a gate on the front wall? What about to raise the wall by another... meter or so? (I'm assuming bear-traps are illegal... doh!)

I'm pretty sure (assuming you own the house) that you can just go ahead and put up a garden gate - if that's what you are talking about .

If raising the wall was going to affect light into a neighbour's home , or even their garden , you might need permission , but otherwise no ( assuming you mean the dividing wall between yours and your neighbour . A 2 metre high front wall might be construed 'unsightly' and meet with criticism from neighbours or the council .

"Right to light" is a myth.

Although generally anything over a metre high abutting a public highway can be a planning issue.

The closest place I know that has part-worn tyres and wheels is on the road to Southall...

The pikeys have had your wheels, tyres stripped off and in a hedge somewhere, and wheels weighed in.

No point organising a search party for them.

sorry to hear the hassle u have had, i have had 4 sets stolen from within my drive of alloys the scarp metal value is driving such crime recommend getting some wheel locks as this will make thieves walk away.

Sorry to hear about your woes, sometimes one bad thing just seems to lead to another :(

Sorry to hear about that Spinal.

Last week a neighbour had his gas meter stolen - the police said it was probably stolen for scrap metal. Luckily for him the thieves had the decency to put on some sort of improvised plug, so there was no gas leak, but it took 4 days for British Gas to install a new meter - and it's pretty cold these days!

Hope those wheels turn up.
that figures, 4 minutes to steal yet 4 days to refit :rolleyes:

The closest place I know that has part-worn tyres and wheels is on the road to Southall... I'm going that way tomorrow. The wheels are VERY recogniseable (in part because I repaired one just the other day while making a video for the website, and in part because of the dust-caps on the valves).

Now that the rage is wearing down, I'm a little worried. The only way the wheels could have been stolen is if someone walked up the driveway and around the side of the house where the side door is... and that's only to see them!

Every man's house is their castle... but mine feels a little vulnerable right now! Does one need planning permission to put a gate on the front wall? What about to raise the wall by another... meter or so? (I'm assuming bear-traps are illegal... doh!)

M.

as far as i know, there is no restriction on gates persay, it's the hieght issue you have to be careful of, and it is only when the fence/wall is adjacent to public land or highway, then there are specific heights that must be observed before permission is required, between private dewllings it is on an adhock basis, get in writing the aproval in writing from your neighbour, local councils have to by law provide information leaflets regarding these things, because nine times out of twen it is only some jobsworth that actualy knows/notices it's 1 inch higher than it should be

The pikeys have had your wheels, tyres stripped off and in a hedge somewhere, and wheels weighed in.

No point organising a search party for them.
That is unfortunately the most likely of scenarios, so don't expect any help from plod, the minute they have to go anywhere near a gypo site they turn aroiund and leave (saw it on one of those police camera action shows where they followed a stollen into one site, and the helicopter reported where it went and the police car just turned around and left saying can't go in there... bu****** !)

Wack a B&Q CCTV up today. As good as any home units and easy to fit.
Chances are they were stolen by a 'friend' or someone who knew they were there. Sad but true.

If it was opportunist and they got away with it then statistically there's a 60% chance they'll return to try and steal again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom