V-belt routing for C220 CDI engine (2005 - 150bhp with automatic AC Climate Control)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pnevesfoto

Car
MB W203 C220 CDI Avantgard Station
Hi everyone,
I'm gathering the most amount of tech info for my W203 Station (2005 post facelift) and now the time has come for me to be prepared to a V-belt change, in case it is needed in a near future...
Does anyone have the schematics for the V-belt routing on a C220 CDI engine (with AC Climate Control) 110kW (150bhp) version... and perhaps the part number of the V-belt as well?
A picture or a drawn scheme would do nicely...
I would be much appreciated if anyone of you could give me a hand on this matter...
Thanks in advance...

V-Belt crack; Should I change it immediately?

Hi guys,
I've just inspected my Merc's V belt and discovered a crack. I also called my mechanic today to get an estimate. He says 'its an hour job @£60 per hour, belt will cost abt £18, pulley abt £35 and another item @£45 (forgot the name). Do these charges sound OK or is him messing abt? He is usually quite honest with me.....
Below pics will show the crack/damage.
Plz advise, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
A picture or a drawn scheme would do nicely...
I would be much appreciated if anyone of you could give me a hand on this matter...
Thanks in advance...

I realise that this has already been answered but what was stopping you from just having a look yourself and making a sketch or taking a photo?

Hi guys,

I recently changed my car's belt, it took me about twenty minutes start to finish including removing the air intake pipes to give me more room, although it can be done with them in situ.

The cheap Continental belt from Halfords was identical to the one that came off the car.

I recently changed my car's belt, it took me about twenty minutes start to finish including removing the air intake pipes to give me more room, although it can be done with them in situ.

The cheap Continental belt from Halfords was identical to the one that came off the car.

Thanks for ur advise.
Its done now and it did cost me abt £135 quid for the belt and the alternator pulley.
Re doing it myself: i'm pretty useless for such jobs but with costs sky rocketing I might buy some spanners etc and get to know my car better.
Cheers lads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom