V power nitro +, how good is this stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you're the likes of MB then if marketing is potentially critical in achieving volumes that amortise your development - and so *successful* marketing gives you the level of business that allows you spend more on development and create a better product.

But the marketing has even persuaded you that is where the money is recycled to! That is ExxonMobil's greatest success with Mobil 1 to cite an example. Another might be Ford. Ford no doubt have all the research engineering capability that MB has but choose not to spend their money shouting it. The premium players do and extract the premium price making it viable. More contentiously Audi figured that their market isn't actually discerning enough to warrant being given the finest handling of cars. So the money goes elsewhere. As you allude with cold remedies - it's all about shifting volume, not quality.

But the marketing has even persuaded you that is where the money is recycled to! .

Well it's a big delusion then!

More seriously - it depends on the product sector. If you're the product manager on a technical product that requires R&D then you are normally very aware of the value of and importance of marketing. Without successful marketing the company won't get a good return on the R&D budget that pays for you and your staff.

When I used to work on physocal product developem the meetings with the marketeers were frequent (and sometimes frustrating) but were critical. It wasn't just about how much effort but the direction of that effort - at certain anticipated volumes you made different design choices - component selection, assembly method, mouldings and materials. Some of these decisions then allowed the marketing team to anticipate higher margins.

*Good* marketing is integral.

Well it's a big delusion then!

More seriously - it depends on the product sector. If you're the product manager on a technical product that requires R&D then you are normally very aware of the value of and importance of marketing. Without successful marketing the company won't get a good return on the R&D budget that pays for you and your staff.

When I used to work on physocal product developem the meetings with the marketeers were frequent (and sometimes frustrating) but were critical. It wasn't just about how much effort but the direction of that effort - at certain anticipated volumes you made different design choices - component selection, assembly method, mouldings and materials. Some of these decisions then allowed the marketing team to anticipate higher margins.

*Good* marketing is integral.

That's about it. When a real high quality product is developed it can never be manufactured cheaply enough for a mass market that has either no need or desire for it. Thus, without volume sales it is destined to be a very expensive product beneath everyone's radar as there is no justification in saturation marketing.
It is in that vacuum of knowledge that the volume players pretend their product is the best. Best at that price point perhaps, but absolutely the best? - no way!
I guess an analogy could be between The Sun and a quality broadsheet. No amount of advertising will shift a Sun reader to a quality broadsheet. Similarly though, no amount of advertising will convince the reader of a quality broadsheet that The Sun is a quality product. Now remove any awareness of the existence of the broadsheet from mass public perception and we are where we are with the products available to us and the claims made for them in a desperate attempt to add a few pence to the purchase price.

Only 3 pages in and it's time for one of these:doh:

3PAqrJa_zps983d81d7-1.gif

That's about it. When a real high quality product is developed it can never be manufactured cheaply enough for a mass market that has either no need or desire for it. Thus, without volume sales it is destined to be a very expensive product beneath everyone's radar as there is no justification in saturation marketing.

It's probably more a case of the focus shifting to brand and margins.

I don't think newspapers are a good analogy.

Watches or cameras or even cars probably offer a better selection for making comparisons.

In he past quality or premium value was down to manufacturer as much as design. Manufacturing quality was often about workmanship. In the past 30 years its moved to development and engineering - as manufacturing has become deskilled and automated.

McDonalds got to the top because their fries and Big Mac are soOOO good.

V power nitro + is at the top because when I get my cars tuned it resists detonation better and allows the engine to produce more power.

THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW

Even the cheapest watch is more accurate than The Sun. Hell, a sundial is more accurate than The Sun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom