V Power Or Momentum Tesco C63

Fuel

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robby122

Car
C63 Coupe PPP (Red)
What fuel you guys use?

V power usually but recently put some momentum in.

Momentum ran smoother in my A45 than vpower and ran fractionally quicker on the1/4 mile. With both my C63's vpower feels sharper on throttle. Performance is identical however (vbox). I use momentum 75% of the time as its 10p cheaper per litre and vpower the rest as you get the additives which help clean the lines and engine.

Really isn't any difference for the C63 (w204).

Momentum in my E55 and I feel no difference with V Power at a good 10p per ltr extra.
Might think differently if it was mapped.

V power but that more down to not being near a tesco petrol station

I use Momentum in my E63 almost exclusively. I have both a Tesco and a Shell station within a mile of me, but I really can't see the point in spending best part of eight quid per fill extra on V-Power when Momentum is such a well respected fuel.

Used both for the A45 now only VPower Nitro for the C63. A friend has told me that the VPower is 99+ RON and sometimes hits 102.

Tried the Aral 102 when I went through Germany last year and that was in my view seriously good.

I'd love to see some blind tests on alternative fuels in the same category, i.e V Power/Ultimate/Momentum etc.

I think the mind is a wonderful thing.

I use V Power when ever possible, I did with my Scooby as well. That said I do/have used Tesco Momentum as well on occasion when not near a Shell.

Momentum in my E55 and I feel no difference with V Power at a good 10p per ltr extra.
Might think differently if it was mapped.

It's the same story mapped...

momentum for me. dont see the point of paying more when momentum does the job.

Tesco stuff here as well.

Readily available in most towns and the car seems to run OK with it.

Oh, as per the big lad above, mine's also mapped.

I religiously used V-power (and previously Optimax) for years, but I've found no perceiveable difference between Shell V-power and Tesco Momentum, and both are 99 RON in the UK.

Our petrol cars require 98 RON minimum, so I avoid other brands of super unleaded in the UK as they typically have 97 RON. Whether our cars would run differently I don't know.

Do tesco not do the 100 RON stuff any more? I used that with an old Impreza but the only place that stocked it was Weston Favell tesco

Do tesco not do the 100 RON stuff any more? I used that with an old Impreza but the only place that stocked it was Weston Favell tesco

I've not seen it for a long time.

I'm sure Tesco in Amersham stocked it once upon a time as it rings a bell. However, I missed the boat...

The M3 Evo I had I sold just as Optimax 98 RON came out and by the time I had the next car which could use it, it had gone.

Agreed with others than there is no noticeable effect using Momentum or V-Power. I've used both over many years on my various past cars.

However, the SLK is my weekend toy and low miles so I religiously feed it on V-Power. I like the placebo effect ;). Anyway, at least I know it is getting the best additives.

The Suzuki Ignis, daily runner, gets Momentum. It has to be fed on 98RON minimum. But sometimes it gets a filling up of V Power just to even it out a bit (otherwise it wouldn't be fair :dk:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom