V Power Petrol Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skd884

MB Enthusiast
Car
c180 w204
How much are folks paying for petrol v power ?

£139.9 in Blackfen SE London.

Yesterday, Harrow Road, West London:

Screenshot-20210506-094515-Adapter.jpg

It is/was over £1.40 my way recently, seems pretty much average.

Worth remembering when making comparisons with elsewhere that Shell’s pricing structure assumes you use the loyalty scheme and the money off coupons drops the overall cost down a few pence per litre overall.

I think the cost difference between regular and V-power has widened over the years though.

EDIT

It used to be 5p/l more than regular, but it now seems to be 10p/l. Thankfully I no longer have a car that needs 98-99RON as the SLK is designed for 95!

It used to be 5p/l more than regular, but it now seems to be 10p/l. Thankfully I no longer have a car that needs 98-99RON as the SLK is designed for 95!

Drop a bottle of Redex into the tank every now then... ;)

Every so often Tesco have both petrol and diesel injector cleaner (recognised brand, not Tesco own brand) half price (£2 instead of £4) so I buy a couple of bottles of each, a bottle does 2 full tanks so they last a while with the limited mileage we do!

I think it's even more than that now. Seems to be around 13p dearer. It's around 138p here (petrol)

I think it's even more than that now. Seems to be around 13p dearer. It's around 138p here (petrol)
There’s definitely a wider gap between V-Power and FuelSave diesel and gasoline products than there used to be.

There’s definitely a wider gap between V-Power and FuelSave diesel and gasoline products than there used to be.

Regular petrol prices are highly competitive so there's no room for one supplier to start raising the price for no obvious reason.

I think that Shell have invested quite a lot in promoting the V-Power fuels and they probably feel that they have a large-enough users base now to start hiking the price.

Like with most consumer goods and services, the higher-end products will generate more profit because the market is less competitive at the top end and brand awareness is more important than price.

I think it's safe to assume that Rolex have a higher profit margin than Timex.... and Rolex can afford to push their prices up while Timex can't.

I’m sure I saw almost a 20p/litre difference locally (V-power vs. regular grade)

As I say, I’m sure some of this is built into the coupons you get via using the loyalty app, but it’s still a huge difference.

I put V Power diesel in my E220 CDI ...Not for performance but because I have also used Redex & Forte injection cleaners....No issues but keen to reduce deposits etc.

Petrol cars here always get V Power....I have looked into best octane ratings for those specific petrol engined vehicles

I have also noticed the widening gap between V power & regular fuels.

On the diesel vehicle I am considering reverting to regular fuel....I am happy to pay a reasonable higher cost for better fuel BUT I dislike being ripped off.

I do wonder if widening price gaps are factored by sale volumes, tolerance to prices, fuel specific production costs.....or other factors.

Last edited:
13p a litre more in my experience. There's a Shell station near an Asda supermarket the I use, that sells fuel cheaper than most Shell stations to try to (sort-of...) compete, so I usually fill up there.

£1.49,99 Mansfield v-power
£1.67,99 in Tonbridge when I collected the ST

It's not just Shell: my local filling station is BP and today extra normal 95RON is £1.28 and 'Ultimate' (which is hardly that at 97RON) is £1.49 😲

Seems as though there’s a 10p+/litre difference on V-power across garages within a few miles of each other within the London/M25 area. A tenner a time per fill?

Just checked again, it’s 22p a litre more for V-power than fuelsave at my local Shell who used to be reasonably competitive on price (perhaps not anymore - 149.9p/litre). I used to exclusively use V-power but happy to use Momentum 99 these days as well (better availability also when out of your local area as said!)

Pumped V power petrol at £1.45 per litre in Croydon on Saturday.

I wish Costco hasn't downgraded their fuel from 99RON to 97RON. By far the cheapest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom