V Power Petrol Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Over the years I’ve booked in hundreds of vehicles for a DPF clean. Each customer on returning to pick up their car is softly spoken to by the boss about not using cheap diesel. He’s been in the business all of his working life, many of which he actually sold fuel, so a mild lecture from him years back convinced me of the cheap fuel pitfalls.
If people are happy to believe that all fuel is of the same standard particularly diesel, I’m more than happy for them to believe that and carry on buying it. What I find slightly strange is that they feel compelled to force that belief on me. I’ll carry on buying best fuel, It’s a great idea, but that’s purely IMHO. 😎
Tesco diesel since I've had the car, although don't know what it was fed on before. Guess I've been lucky.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
All Esso Super is now 99ron, but more importantly is ethanol free too.
I’m really glad you shared this as I had no idea. That gives me more options I more rural areas. For anyone interested this is what it says on the Esso website:

You mean that fuel that comes through the same supply chain, comes from the same tanks, transported in the same tankers and ultimate comes out of the same well in the gulf (<insert any oil producing nation or area here>) as all the other fuel?

Not entirely true, some fuels are made using different raw materials and processes than others, but agreed for the majority of fuels sold in forecourts. The main difference between fuels is the additives pack, which each fuel maker formulates to their own spec. And it's a valid question whether it's worth paying more for these additives. Additionally, you can buy basic fuel and put in your own additives - I've been using Redex for many years and it's a great fuel additive.

Nothing wrong with supermarket fuel, i've used nothing but in my car since July and never once had a problem. In fact when filling near home, i've used supermarket fuel since I moved to this area 11 years ago (both diesel and petrol)

I am glad to hear this, but this is the experience of just one car over less than a year, so it's neither here or there really in terms of statistical evidence either way.

..The whole supermarket/branded argument has been done to death and is total b*llocks.

I fully agree, there's no difference between buying fuel in a local garage or a local supermarket. If anything, then supermarket fuel will be 'fresher' due to higher sales volume (and this also applies to motorway services). It seems that the term 'supermarket fuel' is actually used to describe any type of low-cost basic fuel, regards of which forecourt it was purchased on.

You can also carbon offset for free until october. Then you can carry on if you wish but you pay an extra 0.5p per litre.
Why would I want to "carbon offset"? Whatever it means I have better things to do & think about.

Silly price to pay for 98 Ron when Tesco Momentum is £1.30 per litre at Tower Park or Tesco Fleetsbridge.
May not sound a big difference to those who fill up regardless of the price, but on an 80lt full fill up that's £11 a tank dearer.
I don't really understand why Shell is the dearest of all 98/99 Ron fuels by some margin.
Thing is I'd never want to visit a Tesco supermarket or their filling stations. I'd feel unclean, somebody I know might see me & I value my car too much.

I think we’ve had plenty of pretty similar (identical!) threads to this over the years. Seems to have been taken quite off tangent - was as far as I could tell about the price of certain fuel.

I think the only interesting new thing I’ve read is that Esso 99 RON is currently ethanol free! :cool:

Thing is I'd never want to visit a Tesco supermarket or their filling stations. I'd feel unclean, somebody I know might see me & I value my car too much.
What a complete C--K
1 born every minute 🤔

Thing is, I'd never want to buy an "AMG" SLK 250. I'd feel unclean, somebody I know might see me... :D

Always put Tesco momentum in the CLS55....there's one in the Brooklands Park where MB headquartes is . They are always in there filling up.

This is very insightful and extremely informative. Would you mind me sharing the knowledge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom