• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

V12 BATTERY on dashboard

DuBro

Car
Mercedes Benz e200
Hi, I have 2018 MB e200, bought it a month ago, installed GHOST immobilliser.

Basically when I picked up car from the guy who installed it it said V12 BATTERY on dashboard, and I asked if my battery is bad, he said yes you should change it, as if it goes dead completely u will have to change another battery which costs 700??.

After that I don’t really get the V12 BATTERY READ MANUAL, unless i turn my car off, and continue listening to music for 15 min or so, it comes back, however the car starts no problem.

Is that something I should worry about?
I still have 3 month warranty from dealership, so if that’s a problem I will bring it up with them.

Also one more question. Sometimes when I unlock my car the lights turn on , and sometimes it doesn’t . Can it be because of low battery?
Thank you.

The Ghost installer would have had the IGN on without the engine running for some time during the install/testing.That would drain the 12v battery
You listening to the radio without the engine running will drain the 12v battery, often the audio will automatically shut off to protect the battery.
You would be advised to get the battery tested and replaced if deemed necessary, any good auto electrician can test the battery under the correct conditions.

I would take what the fitter said regarding your battery with a big pinch of salt.
Firstly, if you needed a new battery the figure of £700 is ridiculous. Closer to £200 fully fitted by the main dealers.

But I would guess the fitter had the ignition on for a long period testing the Ghost installation and has flattened the battery. Get it fully charged yourself and see if you get further error messages. Running the radio without the engine on will flatten the battery very quickly.

I would take what the fitter said regarding your battery with a big pinch of salt.
Firstly, if you needed a new battery the figure of £700 is ridiculous. Closer to £200 fully fitted by the main dealers.

But I would guess the fitter had the ignition on for a long period testing the Ghost installation and has flattened the battery. Get it fully charged yourself and see if you get further error messages. Running the radio without the engine on will flatten the battery very quickly.
He said u have to change some other battery or some other part in addition to Main battery if the battery goes completely dead

He said u have to change some other battery or some other part in addition to Main battery if the battery goes completely dead
Is your car an EV?
If not, I think he is wrong.
There is an auxiliary battery in some models with stop/start but that battery is relatively cheap (+/- £100)
Someone with more experience of the W213 E class will advise you.

Is your car an EV?
If not, I think he is wrong.
There is an auxiliary battery in some models with stop/start but that battery is relatively cheap (+/- £100)
Someone with more experience of the W213 E class will advise you.
Thank you, no it is not EV. I do have stop/start, however it does not work for some reason. Just like the front lights after unlocking the car sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t.

Thank you, no it is not EV. I do have stop/start, however it does not work for some reason. Just like the front lights after unlocking the car sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t.
I'd take the car to Terry at Wayne Gates in Harrow and get the batteries checked for voltage and a load test.
The fact your stop start hasn't worked for a long time may indicate you need either or both main and auxiliary batteries.

I'd take the car to Terry at Wayne Gates in Harrow and get the batteries checked for voltage and a load test.
The fact your stop start hasn't worked for a long time may indicate you need either or both main and auxiliary batteries.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom