V12 Tuning options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
I coming up for a year of ownership now and normally at this point I have generally sold my current car due to short attention/like span. But I really like my CL65 and I like to power delivery too but it makes me wonder what tuning options there are within the realms of being a bit sensible.
I remember when I first joined the forum a member had an SL V12 that he was having tuned so my first stop is to check that thread out to see what's what there but any suggestions would be welcome.

No personal V12 experience sadly but I’d speak to MSL for their view

Eurocharged will do a software tune that will up your hp from 604 to 670hp and torque to 818ft/lbs for about $1200 if you feel like your current power is not enough.

I coming up for a year of ownership now and normally at this point I have generally sold my current car due to short attention/like span. But I really like my CL65 and I like to power delivery too but it makes me wonder what tuning options there are within the realms of being a bit sensible.
I remember when I first joined the forum a member had an SL V12 that he was having tuned so my first stop is to check that thread out to see what's what there but any suggestions would be welcome.

You and me the same !!!

I have thought of a fully sorted sports exhaust Car Parts Online | Performance Car Parts | Scuderia Car Parts

But not cheap so I going to live with the SL 65 and see where I get too - fast is never fast enough ............

I have read/heard in several places that 400bhp is enough power for on the road use, anything else is wasted.

Following a short trip up the road I think PCS may have the answer, considering re-map and resonator delete. Not too mad but perhaps a good ratio of performance for outlay.

Following a short trip up the road I think PCS may have the answer, considering re-map and resonator delete. Not too mad but perhaps a good ratio of performance for outlay.
I get enough white knuckle rides as a passenger in the CL so will be leaving ours well alone!

I have read/heard in several places that 400bhp is enough power for on the road use, anything else is wasted.

I think that if you're looking for more power from a car that has 600hp, you should probably find something that weighs less.

Sl600

My old beast at PCS, mad before and mad after:D

I get enough white knuckle rides as a passenger in the CL so will be leaving ours well alone!

It's more a case of me wanting to put my stamp on the car so to speak. I've had the wheels refurbished and colour changed to match the car and any more on the cosmetic side will turn a graceful looking car into something along the lines of pimp my ride so that's as far as I'm going there. Yes the car has stupendous performance that I find very addictive and a real pleasure to drive. Although nothing near in the same league when I had my vans re-mapped it completely transformed them. The re-map I'm considering keeps within the parameters of the manufacturers tolerances but I think along with the resonator delete will free up the performance and sound better to boot.

I think that if you're looking for more power from a car that has 600hp, you should probably find something that weighs less.

But... But...

bugatti-veyron-8.jpg

or go to MSL performance ;)

I hope you don't mind me asking to show your new pride and enjoy after such a long and excruciating hunt?
I will once I get it from MB Swindon- needs alloys done + a plate swap + so taking a bit of time
Two weeks to go I would say
Excruciating is right - for me and you guys on the forum !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom