V220d w447, Start Stop Issues Battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accumulator

Car
viano
Hi, just recieved a new to me car/van, a v220d, with stop start. First week, I didnt really drive it, so it was left. Drove on it on Saturday, a week ago, I noticed the atomatic sign was yellow indicating stop start was not running. Parked the car up for a week, try to use it, Saturday battery completely dead, like I had left a light on. Managed to get the car open, bonnet undone, stuck a ctek charger on the terminals, seemed like it was char, ging, left it charging overnight, ctek charger was in error mode. Used a standard charger, left it charger overnight, charger reached maintenance mode, so fully charged. Went for a drive Sunday, about nine miles, stop start was working. Parked up went for a two walk in parked. Came back drove home, but noticed stop start symbol was yellow. Went to get in the car tonight battery completely dead, as if I had left a light on again. I note that there is a auxiallary battery under the driver's seat, with a stop start relay attached it.

Do you think my main agm battery is shot, I've never known a car battery to go from fully charged, to completely flat in less than 24 hours. Or is my auxiallary knackered. Does that give power to the remote control, and central locking system?

Any help would be appreciated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom