v230 sensor issues. no power under load.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trenchman

Car
v230
can anyone tell me where the coolant temperature sender for the ecu to read on my v230? got some wires not conected and think this might be the cause of my splutteryness?
its had new
-MAF
-leads
-coil packs
-spark plugs

what other sensors might affect the fueling, i understand the ecu reads a temperature sensor but unsure where it is? it hestitates badly under load cant define what it may be?
:dk:
thanks

Check for water ingress in the engine control unit. It is located under the drivers side headlamp.

There is not supposed to be water in there and it can cause all kinds of weird running behaviour.

Have you located what cylinder is causing the missfire? This will help you to find what is causing your issue. A diag machine cam be plugged in and look for missfires on each cylinder.

its not a misfire almost like under/over fuelling. really strange, got a suspicion it might have something to do with the wires not connected, but where is the coolant temperature sender (which ecu reads)

thanks

I think it is located near the thermostat. I don't remember as it i has been a while since I have seen a V230 as most have rusted into oblivion.

Have you taken the headlight out and disconnected the connectors and had a look at the pins.

no but will have a look. why the head light what is hidden behind there. it all seems to look intact from what i can see but not sure what i am actually looking for?

It is the engine control unit. Remove the headlight to gain access to it. The is the brain for the engine running. It used to be a very common issue a few years ago. From memory there are two connectors on it.

is that definatley on my v230 van. it drives fine unless under load, then it splutters and stays like it until turn off then back on?
where can i find more info on what you have suggested?
thanks

Have you had it plugged into a diagnostic machine? A Star is really what you need as most generic fault code readers wont communicate with the V very well. I would try and do this first before bunging any more parts on it. It could save you ££ in the long run.

What more info do you need. Just whip out the headlamp (take 5 mins) and take a look at the control unit connectors for water. If there has been water in there they go green and furry.

oh yeah thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom