V280 wont start.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V V classy

Car
Vito v280..Chevy Astro...bikes n hot rods too...
Hi all , new here...:eek:......Basically i've transplanted a perfectly running v280 vr6 engine and box into my 108cdi....The van was driving perfectly the day i removed it, i'd bought the whole van as i knew i'd need the looms ecu's etc.......So simply put i've done it all now but the thing wont start...spark and fuel ok , just not starting.....
Things i've not put back on are the A/C , the air pump, EGR
and associated items....Would these things affect starting..???

Also have a spare yellow wire from the immobiliser box which i cant remember if it was connected to anything...

Any help really appreciated lads.....:thumb:

You might be better off posting this query in a VW forum...

Also have a spare yellow wire from the immobiliser box which i cant remember if it was connected to anything...

My money would be on that.

V280s aren't exactly plentiful, and although the engine is a VW one it's unlikely the loom will be identical in other vehicles ... so could be tricky.

You might be better off posting this query in a VW forum...

Trying to get rid of me already, to the dark side............:D

OK...tonight i've been mostly putting more petrol in the tank....:doh:

Looks like the 5 liters wasnt enough in a totally empty tank....
So before the battery went dead i got it to start briefly, but cut out just as quick....i'll have a go again tomorrow and see if i can get it to run properly.....i may have an immobiliser issue i think....

This is the engine....yeah i know most of it will not be seen, but i'll know its clean....:eek:

Attachments

• IMAG1002.jpg
    IMAG1002.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9
:bannana:.all sorted....purring like a kitten now......turns out i'd pinched the fuel line when putting in the tank......:eek:

Good result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom