v40 t4 rules :rock:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kytto

Car
V40 T4
in a highway in Portugal :cool:
4741.jpg

But it's still a Volvo :rolleyes:

Sure you found the right forum?

Last edited:
typical Volvo driver

no idea where they are or are supposed to be. :D

I thought the speed limit on Portugese motorways was 120kph? (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Andy

i have had 140 mph out of my 940 turbo.... (240 kmh = 150 mph) - but then its a) an estate, b) has 130,000 miles on the clock c) is 12 or so years old...

Some bloke had a pop at me in one of these on the M6 while I had an Evo VI. I was quite surprised that I actually had to make an effort between 90-120mph but after 120 he faded away. The Evo would hit the rev limiter at 150 in 5th, it always needed some more gears for motorway cruising (and a bigger fuel tank!)

Mr Kytto, you must've had a pretty long bit of road (downhill too) to actually push the swede up to 150mph.

Can't see any 'highway' in the picture , you sure it's not just a spare instrument cluster with your mate twisting the needles round from behind ? ......... ;)

It's no wonder if they they drive their Volvo's like this guy

A recent European Union (EU) study of Western European highways reveals that
Portugal has the most dangerous roads in the EU, including Switzerland and
Finland. The same study shows that the United Kingdom has the safest
highways. Following are the rankings:

Deaths per 100,000 inhabitants

1. Portugal 21
2. Greece 20.2
3. Spain 14.6
4. France 14.4
5. Belgium 13.7
6. Luxemburg 13.5
7. Austria 13.4
8. Italy 11
8. Ireland 11
10. Denmark 9.7
11. Germany 9.5
12. Sweden 6.9
13. United Kingdom 5.9

Deaths per 1 billion vehicle kilometers

1. Portugal 14.1
2. Italy 12.8
3. Austria 8.9
4. Belgium 7.2
5. France 5.4
6. Finland 5.0
7. Germany 4.5
8. Denmark 4.3
9. Ireland 4.0
10. Switzerland 3.3
10. Netherlands 3.3
12. Sweden 3.2
13. United Kingdom 2.0

Nice one. Nice to see any car maxed out. I am alaways wary of Volvo's - the T4 and T5 models are discreet and bite!

andy_k said:
I thought the speed limit on Portugese motorways was 120kph? (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Andy

What's that got to do with the cost of a Mars bar?

GrahamC230K said:
What's that got to do with the cost of a Mars bar?

I would be a little wary of advertising where I'd been "misbehaving" that's all.

Andy

Ahhh...

Probably explains the Portugese/Volvo combo on a UK MB forum. Covering his tracks :D

LazyBob said:
Mr Kytto, you must've had a pretty long bit of road (downhill too) to actually push the swede up to 150mph.

Except the V40 is Dutch.

Although congratulations are in order - driving flat out on a flat, straight bit of road must really have been a test of skill for the driver of the Mitsubishi Carisma, sorry Vulva. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Shame he doesnt realise that most members cars here will do that without maxing out. Not impressing anyone, least of all me and I used to have a Volvo (hangs head in shame). He may just want to come out of the cloak room and buy a decent car, testing the water so to speak :eek:

Ian B Walker said:
Shame he doesnt realise that most members cars here will do that without maxing out. Not impressing anyone, least of all me and I used to have a Volvo (hangs head in shame). He may just want to come out of the cloak room and buy a decent car, testing the water so to speak :eek:

Harsh words indeed.

You guys feeling OK?

Its motoring related, posted in the correct section, a cool post and you boys invite our foreign friend with a slating. Nice one :devil:

GrahamC230K said:
Its motoring related, posted in the correct section, a cool post and you boys invite our foreign friend with a slating. Nice one :devil:

I apologise unreservedly if what I wrote was taken the wrong way. I was just trying to say, possibly, in the wrong way, that a) 140mph isnt that impressive anymore (ok mine wont do that but gets close) b) maybe he is a person who wishes to change to a Mercedes in the near future and wishes to "test" the fouum and lastly c) my coment about decent car still stands, otherwise I would not be here. If the Mods wish to remove my posts then please feel free to do so. No offence will be taken.

Ian

I'm with Ian on this point. Well done and all. I am pleased that your V40 still works (that famous Dutch build quality).
However I was under the impression this was for Owners past and present of mercedes benz vehicles?
Now if it was a CL65 being maxed, I might be a tadge more interested.

I agree with Ian as well,

first post from a new member on a Mercedes forum claiming that "Volvo T40's rule". if anybody can tell me what relevence that has and what it contributes to the forum then I'm more than happy to accept it is a perfectly valid and justified post.

Andy

RSAmey said:
I was under the impression this was for Owners past and present of mercedes benz vehicles?
Almost. This is a simply a forum for Mercedes enthusiasts, owning one makes no difference.

andy_k said:
tee hee - we may as well all join in :)

speed.jpg

Love the economy gauge !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom