V6 MAS Removal ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c240yaz

MB Enthusiast
Can any of you MB Tech guys advise me on how I remove the MAS so that I can inspect / clean it. Looking at it, I do not know where to start. :confused:

Last edited:
On the other side is a connector. Remove connector and then undo 2 torx screws and wiggle out sensor.
The 2 torx can be removed with small locking pliers to 1srt loosen and a flat screwdriver to unwind IF you havnt got the torx bits.
Normal self tappers can replace torx

Bazzle

On the other side is a connector. Remove connector and then undo 2 torx screws and wiggle out sensor.
The 2 torx can be removed with small locking pliers to 1srt loosen and a flat screwdriver to unwind IF you havnt got the torx bits.
Normal self tappers can replace torx

Bazzle
Yes, seen that, but what I would like to know is, how do you go about removing the round plastic bit, the housing assy ?

yes it just pulls off but be careful as the maf is very very delicate..

Bazzle and jaymanek, Thanks for the advice. I may attempt this tomorrow, time permitting. The pics make it clear,

Bazzle and jaymanek, Thanks for the advice. I may attempt this tomorrow, time permitting. The pics make it clear,

with your love for getting spare things , if there was ever a part to bring your car to its knees its the maf.

If its going ok leave it. If your going to mess about with it and your distance from a shop thats likely to have one id be cautious...!

yes it just pulls off but be careful as the maf is very very delicate..

The air mass does not just pull off. There is a retaining plastic riing around the top of it that needs to be released. This ring is brittle and breaks easily so be careful!!!

with your love for getting spare things , if there was ever a part to bring your car to its knees its the maf.

If its going ok leave it. If your going to mess about with it and your distance from a shop thats likely to have one id be cautious...!
Fuzzer, That made me laugh, yes, I will soon have more spares here than MB direct.

Actually, MAS looks quite dirty inside, also the oil pipe from the rocker cover was full of gunge, so I am going to go ahead and have a look inside.

My plan is to get as much done before the bad weather sets in. Almost finished with complete service.

Last edited:
The air mass does not just pull off. There is a retaining plastic riing around the top of it that needs to be released. This ring is brittle and breaks easily so be careful!!!
How do you remove the retaining ring ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom