V70 Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ROBB

Car
2001 W203 C220 CDI Estate (Rare Manual!)
Whilst the merc is off the road (as per http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=49237 ), i have a nice V70 D5 SE Estate: which is not bad at all.

Does anyone know how to change the clock?? Thanks to BST it is now wrong.

Also, are there any user settings for the auto box that can be changed as per sport/economy etc on MB's ?? It drives me mad that it waits until nearly 3k to change to up when driving around town: the resulting lack of efficiency is costing me !!!

thanks
rob

I can only talk about my 850, but Malcolm (Television) will be along in a bit, and he's got a V70, I think.

In my car, there are two tiny black buttons next to the clock, and you need a pencil or pen to press them. You need to hold the button in for a second or so before it does anything, but then it changes the relevant number (H or M, depending upon which button you press)

Also, in my car there's a W/S/E switch just next to the gear selector, on the driver's side. W locks out first (and second?), S moves change points to the red line. E is normal.

PJ

cheers peeps - ; gonna go try now

rob

The clock is sorted now :bannana: , the T1/T2 counter (when twisted) adjusts the time.
The tiny image of a clock next to it was not enough to give away this small fact though......:rolleyes:

There is however no W/S/E switch by the gear selector or anywhere else i have looked :(

It is a 57 plate btw

cheers
rob

Thanks Guys,
At least i wont be late anymore :D

rob

PS I'll try and find out 'n' let u know :confused:

Thank you Robert

The W is just to the right on the gear shift lever and marked W

Page 124 of Roberts link

[/IMG]

Thanks - very useful manual.
Where's W??????

PIC_0083.jpg

Sorry malc, i was hoping i was suffering from a bout of stupidity - wot with not being able to find a W.
I had a brief scoot through some volvo forums and there seems to be quite some resentment regarding new auto boxes - one of the posts inferred that FIRMWARE upgrade was required :(

Still: Look on the bright side - fallability makes us human :eek:

Thanks
rob

Washed my face,, does not the lever move over to the side where you have a plus and minus as on page 92 on the second link from Robert

It does (i've named it manual mode) which is quite good as it changes down on its own as you brake to a stop :D and lets me change up a gear at a suitable time (<2.5K revs).

I expected E/S/W or something similar as with MB's but it seems they have designed it out :( in favour of fancy s/w that is geared for performance rather than economy, which is a shame as it really lets the car down

rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom