V8 bi urbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluestreak

Car
2015 E63
Wing badge lost a letter somewhere between London and Stirling as you can see:

yBrSKNe.jpg

I don't really know how to deal with this situation so I called brooklands, described symptoms and booked car in for 8:45 Saturday morning. Last friday got a voicemail at 5:51pm to say this isn't covered under warranty because and I quote "letter T missing due to outside influence otherwise all of the badges would come off if there was an issue they were adhered, obviously cloth would pick that up". They also didn't have it in stock because I didn't tell them if the letter was missing on left or right side of the vehicle.

I've not yet come back to them. I could deal with £60 cost, but sucking it up feels wrong on so many levels.

Is there a way to escalate this within dealership or Mercedes? What do you think?

Unlikely you will get anywhere, normally it's a sponge, cloth or leather that pulls the letters off hence the outside influence.

Could be theft. Not covered by warranty. Not your case probably but illustrates the point. MB bonnet stars are often pulled out as ornaments. Can't claim the loss on Mercedes.

Just peel the rest off and save a few quid. Some people prefer them debadged.

yBrSKNe.jpg

I don't really know how to deal with this situation so I called brooklands, described symptoms and booked car in for 8:45 Saturday morning. Last friday got a voicemail at 5:51pm to say this isn't covered under warranty because and I quote "letter T missing due to outside influence otherwise all of the badges would come off if there was an issue they were adhered, obviously cloth would pick that up". They also didn't have it in stock because I didn't tell them if the letter was missing on left or right side of the vehicle.

I've not yet come back to them. I could deal with £60 cost, but sucking it up feels wrong on so many levels.

Is there a way to escalate this within dealership or Mercedes? What do you think?

You booked it in? :eek:

£60 ???

The ' 300SL-24 ' badge for my bootlid was only £20 odds , and a dawdle to fit myself - even with the hyphen being a separate part !

You booked it in? :eek:

I want my hearse to be looked after by a professional. They don't do walk-ins.

I've tried "art" before, I'm not good at it. I'm not sure you will want to buy E63 with my artistic touch? Anyway, looks like there is a little choice. These badges are not sold by letter, so £60 quid for the whole thing. I'll have some spare lettering, hope next one to fall off isn't a 'T' again.

My 11 year old focus st still has all original badges, working class badges cling on and on ;)

Seriously, you've booked it to the dealer for this ?

Give us your bank details, we'll send you £60 to save you being the days joke at the dealership that day.

yBrSKNe.jpg

I don't really know how to deal with this situation

Fair play OP, I think a few people have fallen for it, as surely this is a wind up :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom