V8 BiTurbo badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theworkerb

Car
E63 AMG
Hey guys,

Looking for a definitive answer, I ordered some cheaper black gloss V8 biturbo badges from another user, however, as careful as I was, I didn't manage to align them properly. The badges were peanuts in comparison to a single OE badge, however, I have heard the OE badges have a backing tape ensuring correct alignment and spacing between the letters/number. Is this correct? Ideally I don't want to go down the OE route as I want to remove all the chrome trim from my car but not confident that I can do a better job next time.

For anyone who has spaced them individually, any tips?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

Looking for a definitive answer, I ordered some cheaper black gloss V8 biturbo badges from another user, however, as careful as I was, I didn't manage to align them properly. The badges were peanuts in comparison to a single OE badge, however, I have heard the OE badges have a backing tape ensuring correct alignment and spacing between the letters/number. Is this correct? Ideally I don't want to go down the OE route as I want to remove all the chrome trim from my car but not confident that I can do a better job next time.

For anyone who has spaced them individually, any tips?

Thanks in advance
Hi , I bought mine off Ebay and they came on a tape to get the correct spacing, very easy to just stick on. Only other suggestion I have is to use a ruler to get the straight line and the measuring for the spacing distance.

Attachments

• IMG_8783a.JPG
    IMG_8783a.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 20
Can you share the link please, perhaps they have a 'taped' version for my car

They look the same as I had before, they're placed on the white paper/material, you remove the letter and place on the car. Correct? What I was hoping for was there to be a film or tape of some sort that keeps all the lettering together as you remove it from the white paper and stick it to the car...

Yep will try that this time but after the catastrophe the last one was I would rather they were aligned from the manufacturer
You remove the backing but keep the clear film on the top. then put in place on car , press firmly then remove the clear front film, all the letters stay in place if you do it this way, make sure the paintwork is cleaned before applying, I used an IPA wipe to remove any grease or film.

You remove the backing but keep the clear film on the top. then put in place on car , press firmly then remove the clear front film, all the letters stay in place if you do it this way, make sure the paintwork is cleaned before applying, I used an IPA wipe to remove any grease or film.
Ah ok, my last set didn't have this additional clear film on top. Thanks for the help

I spoke to the seller who confirmed the clear film. Will let you know how I get on 😬

IMG_20200628_124403.jpg
Got it on, 90% happy with the alignment which is enough for now. When I peeled the rear backing off the front 'tape' wasn't strong enough to keep hold of the characters so I ended up having to align it best I could again.

IMG_20200628_124403.jpg
Got it on, 90% happy with the alignment which is enough for now. When I peeled the rear backing off the front 'tape' wasn't strong enough to keep hold of the characters so I ended up having to align it best I could again.
Looks good. As does the car. You don't see anywhere near as many silver AMGs these days, and they usually look great, especially those with creases in the bodywork.

Yes I think it looks good too , you've done a good job there.
Thanks for the kind words Graham and all your help. This side turned out better, the other side the letters are out by a few mm but I can live with that for now haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom