V8 Fight Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Nice to see E55 won the group test in this month's Modern Classics magazine beating M5, Jag, Maserati and Audi.

The E55K will always have a place in my heart but how beautiful is that Quattroporte though?!

The E55K will always have a place in my heart but how beautiful is that Quattroporte though?!

Funny I think that the Quattroporte and the E55 are the only two that don't look really dated out of that set. Imagine the cost of trying to use an 11 year old Maserati every day!

Funny I think that the Quattroporte and the E55 are the only two that don't look really dated out of that set. Imagine the cost of trying to use an 11 year old Maserati every day!

Don't say that, I'm thinking about buying one!

I adore the E39 M5. The jag and Audi are proper meh. Maser nice, and E55 awesome.

The BMW, Audi and Jag weren't really fair competition though.

Should have been an E60, D3 and X350.

I don't like the MQ at all. Much prefer the Granturismo.

They didn't put the w210 because that wouldn't been fair with the competitors...
Lol!

E39 M5 all the way in that comparison.
Still looks class today, fantastic n/a v8 with a manual gearbox!
If you ever get the chance, drive one.

I owned mine for three years and did consider a E55 and although quicker in a straight line it in no way gave you the same enjoyment. You can literally fling the M5 around like a car half its size. All down hill for M since then in with exception being 1M.

Influenced my decision to get a C63 as although auto it was the closest car I had driven to the E39 M5 in terms of driver enjoyment and the general V8 experience.

I had seriously considered the E39 M5 before buying my CLS63.

Seriously cool cats and heard nothing but good things. Only thing that deterred me was he pricing. For a mint one you're looking at the same price as V10 M5/6s and CLS55s. No doubt the value would creep up though.

Try driving both the m5 and e55 now (as I have done recently) the m5 feels like an old car the E55 doesn't and is still brutally quick today. No doubt the m5 is a nice car but no surprise the merc won that group test.

Try driving both the m5 and e55 now (as I have done recently) the m5 feels like an old car the E55 doesn't and is still brutally quick today. No doubt the m5 is a nice car but no surprise the merc won that group test.

before i bought my CLS 55 i drove 5 M5's one of them was a single owner car since new with only 65K on the clock. I was coming from a E320CDI Mapped to 265 bhp and loads of Torque.

My view on M5 was:

* cabin looked old
* drive wasnt special enough
* power delivery as standard didnt feel any better than my E320.

I only drove 1 CLS and instantly fell in love with it and bought the first car.

Don't say that, I'm thinking about buying one!
Lee, there's a couple of good ones for sale on Sportsmaserati at the moment. QpV s duoselect, one black and tan and one blue and tan.
When I don't "need" the estate I might look there but I'd really like a grantourismo.

Have to agree that the M5 is a great car ! That'd be my choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom