V8 jag f type buy or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I never knew - thanks!

20201128-192228.jpg
[/url]
Early F-Type R with 542bhp was RWD and 4.0 seconds 0-60

The AWD F-Type R with 542bhp is 3.9 seconds.

F-Type SVR with 567bhp is 3.5 seconds.

That was 1 of the questions i asked as it plays a big part ie buy now or wait 👍
To answer your question (no 5), yes they will keep depreciating. Nearly all mass produced vehicles will do until.........

To answer your question (no 5), yes they will keep depreciating. Nearly all mass produced vehicles will do until.........
I'll stick with the c63 then

V8 F types are surprisingly heavy

I drove one soon after they were first launched .. sounded amazing, stupidly powerful and chassis really couldn’t cope, and handled poorly like a small bath tub with inert steering

was not impressed

V8 F types are surprisingly heavy

I drove one soon after they were first launched .. sounded amazing, stupidly powerful and chassis really couldn’t cope, and handled poorly like a small bath tub with inert steering

was not impressed
Thanks this is what sort of info I was after

I've got a test drive in the 2015 v8 r later will let you know my findings 👍

The 5.0 had timing chain issues centered around the guides, a revision cured this around 2014 i think, have asked my mate who runs one to confirm.Will report back.

2010-2012 were the worst affected, revised guides fitted from 2014

Did you ask the guys on the Jag forum?

When I was looking to buy my SL, I looked at a F type and the interior put me right off.

I have driven many of these in all guises and engine sizes, they are a very comfortable, very planted and just an all together really nice place to be, you wouldnt be disappointed with it if you got 1.
Even the entry level 2.0 with the ingenium petrol engine will still put a smile on your face.
I have only ever seen 1 5.0 engine fail but the reckonings is that the wrong oil was used at a service

I've got a test drive in the 2015 v8 r later will let you know my findings 👍
Hi after the test drive there not for me like someone else said earlier the car felt heavy especially the front end obviously not perfect weather for it interior wasnt much different to my xfs for the money i expected better quality the engine is fantastic but coming from the best v8 soundtrack it could do with more grunt if you know what i mean the car looks fantastic the seats very comfy suspension on point all in all a very capable car in my opinion 😀

On the outside only?
Yes, quite driver oriented on the inside i would only consider the coupe in my opinion i had the e93 M3 before the c63 and would not buy another cab think ill wait for better weather and try to have 1 over a longer period of time 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom