V8 with serious miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
There are two of these on AT at the moment.
One with wheels I could not live with and this then is this one.

E500 coupe V8
Respect to some one doing that sort of mileage in a V8..

That 4.7tt remaps to over 500bhp and 800nm the internet tells me :cool:

Good job I'm not tempted.

Is that sort of mileage too much....?(>178k)

MOT is short and history is not great albeit last few years are okay (I looked to only double check the mileage, honest.....)

E500 coupe V8

MOT is short and history is not great albeit last few years are okay (I looked to only double check the mileage, honest.....)
Nice car.

You’re right it’a relatively high mileage for a V8 - I wonder how many are clocked? - but then it’s less than 18,000 per annum, so not quite as high as it first seems.

My mate Dave manages to cover even more miles each year in even thirstier V8s, albeit that mileage is spread over several cars. His wife does the same too. They must be barking mad.

Nice car, but a hard sell? Very small market now but in a couple of years at 200k??? It just doesnt feel cheap enough.

I'd rather pay not a great deal more for a 100k mile example, I wouldn't be too worried about the high mileage if it had impeccable history.

Last edited:

E500 coupe V8

If you were to buy one with that sort of mileage, remapping would be a very bad idea imo

I'd agree ref remapping that much at that mileage given how worn in / worn out some components will be.

Just impressed year after year of 20,000 miles a year (given the lockdown related drop recently) they didn't succumb to a diesel or even a more sensible petrol engine.

The one with the grey and green wheels (on a black car...!) might be more of an option for someone, but I'm not looking.....

Just impressed year after year of 20,000 miles a year (given the lockdown related drop recently) they didn't succumb to a diesel or even a more sensible petrol engine.
Likely to be someone charging a company 45p a mile for heavy business mileage who's loathe to spend more money on a vehicle to switch from a proven car which is perfectly reliable and which does long distances without a whimper.

Makes economic sense to drive a smaller engine, but people often see business mileage as free money, and relish a more luxurious car if they're spending ten hours a week in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom