Vacum system from brake booster, W203 C class.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doggysitter

Car
cl203 C220 Sports Coupe
On top of the brake booster is a connector with two pipes running off of it. The big fat one on the side runs down to the front of the engine above the fuel HP pump to a large round module, presumeably an air pump? (advise on this and it's workings will be appreciated).

The second air pipe, which I am interested in, is a small bore vacum line comming out of the top of the brake booster that dives under the booster into oblivion.
I am trying to trace the routing of this pipe as I seem to have a loss of vacum from here downwards into the system. If I suck on the pipe to make vacum it does not want to hold it. If I blow down it I can hear a slight hissing but am unable to trace the source which is on the turbo/air cleaner side of the engine. A rubber connector may have split? Unsurprising after 16 years of use.

I can not find anything online which is helpfull. What I need is a system map similar to a wiring diagram I suppose so I can see which devices and modules get vacum and where or what branches they are on.

As an aside, I pulled the vacum lines off the back of my headlights at the white connector so I could remove them to clean the lenses. On reassambly and under test the lights no longer move up or down when using the dial inside the cabin. I may have jiggered them and caused myself an issue of vacum loss. (since doing this the turbo fails to operate correctly).

What have I done wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom