Vacuum system W126

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Llewelyn

Car
S210 320CDi D6
Trying to work out the vacuum on the W126. Looks like the central locking, unlike on the W123, is fed from a pump in the boot.

However, there are still several vacuum connections in the engine bay - I know one of them is headlight aim, but that is not working - so I suspect leaks in the system. Where do the red pipes go? I had an idea the headlamp ones are purple. If the manual I downloaded (and I'm glad it wasn't expensive, considering how relatively useless it looks to be) has the info I can't find it.

There appears to be a vacuum line from the manifold to by the bulkhead as with the W123, and also as with the W123 that goes to a splitter. There are 2 yellow non-return (?) valve thingies, one of which has purple lines and one has red leading from it. There's also a single grey line which I suspect leads to the "economy" gauge.

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum.

Some of the heater/aircon controls are vacuum operated [ electrically switched] One line will almost certainly go to a vacuum reservoir [ usually under a wing or in the boot]

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1583924-center-vent-vacuum-pod.html

371715d1303682754-center-vent-vacuum-pod-020.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom