Vacuum tubes,what size,where are they w124?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joloke

Car
89 Mercedes 230e
Been having some hesitant starting issues with my w124 230e (m102)

New OVP Plugs etc

Runs fine but cranks several times before it fires seems to be getting worse :(

Its been suggested It could be a vacuum leak and I should replace the Vacuum hoses as on a 27 year old car they will of had it!

Can anybody advise location of these hoses?

Are they rubber? plastic or both?

What diameter are these hoses? Can i simply buy a length and cut my own?

Knowing Mercedes Jackonory prices id rather buy loose hose and make my own than pay their prices :devil:

Thanks

Jo

Ebay will sell this pipe you need .But first my car is 27 years old and has the same set up as yours. with no problem at all with pipes .You might have the little rubber bends perish over time with the heat ...First you want to get a vacuum tester That to is on Ebay around £15 to buy.And i have a test sheet for the vacuum lines .Do you have any problem locking the car up ,do all the locks close with turn of the key? .First ,now i say this to evry one .To check all fuses .And check all earth points you can find.Let us know how it goes after this.

Symptoms like this are usually down to lack of fuel pressure. Start from the basics first.

Thanks guys :thumb:

Haven't really looked any further into this as a previous problem has reared its ugly head :wallbash:

Feeling decidedly fed up with the car at the moment because no sooner do you fix one thing several other things go wrong :wallbash:

Car is starting to become a money pit :(

All because of the usual a previous owner who had the belief that these cars are bulletproof and you never ever need to do any basic routine maintenance to them :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom