Valentine One

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spcialeffects

Car
1999 C43
Hi all,so been working on this for a few months now planning and sourcing parts but finally..........its finished! A little while ago i bought a Valentine one radar lazar detector,but im one of those that like the oem fit and dont like gadgets or toys stuck all over the windscreen so what i did is to integrate a concealed display and an audio unit into the rear view mirror and got a custom mirror made so that the display can shine through when on but when its off it looks factory.Please click on the link and let me know if its a thumbs up or down.:dk:
YouTube - Valentine One Integrated Mirror

Hi all,so been working on this for a few months now planning and sourcing parts but finally..........its finished! A little while ago i bought a Valentine one radar lazar detector,but im one of those that like the oem fit and dont like gadgets or toys stuck all over the windscreen so what i did is to integrate a concealed display and an audio unit into the rear view mirror and got a custom mirror made so that the display can shine through when on but when its off it looks factory.Please click on the link and let me know if its a thumbs up or down.:dk:
YouTube - Valentine One Integrated Mirror

looks dope buddy! :thumb:
did you install everything yourself?
Which parts besides the HU did you have to buy?
And how did you install it?
Please let us know step by step,or if you have pictures would be the best.

when this gadget is OFF does it show anything in the RVM or does it only show arrows and dots when it's ON?

Wonder what cops will say if they come up behind you and spot your RVM when driving?
Are they going to pull you over and rip dat sucker out of your car?

I have seen an american company do this mod and they charge more than 500bux to do this mod

Last edited:
Thats nice :) dunno if id give up my dimming mirror to take my VAL 1 off the screen tho :)

Thats nice :) dunno if id give up my dimming mirror to take my VAL 1 off the screen tho :)

I had the dimming mirror and didnt think it was all that really with bright light shinning in it the glass colour isnt that clear

looks dope buddy! :thumb:
did you install everything yourself?
Which parts besides the HU did you have to buy?
And how did you install it?
Please let us know step by step,or if you have pictures would be the best.

when this gadget is OFF does it show anything in the RVM or does it only show arrows and dots when it's ON?

Wonder what cops will say if they come up behind you and spot your RVM when driving?
Are they going to pull you over and rip dat sucker out of your car?

I have seen an american company do this mod and they charge more than 500bux to do this mod

I did loads of research on the internet after looking at those yanks $500 jobs and thought why doesnt anyone in the uk offer any custom stuff like this and so thought id give it a go.Inside the RVM is the audio unit and display unit. The display in the mirror can be turned off at any time with the switch on the left in the vid and then its like any other mirror.

I did loads of research on the internet after looking at those yanks $500 jobs and thought why doesnt anyone in the uk offer any custom stuff like this and so thought id give it a go.Inside the RVM is the audio unit and display unit. The display in the mirror can be turned off at any time with the switch on the left in the vid and then its like any other mirror.

make an instruction thread installing this gadget with pics.
I have seen these V1 with extra audio trick box as an option, did you have to disassemble this audio box and putting the front display/speaker behind the RVM-glass?

It can also be done with a dimming mirror but i couldnt find anyone to make the glass for me plus it will be a fair few quid more

make an instruction thread installing this gadget with pics.
I have seen these V1 with extra audio trick box as an option, did you have to disassemble this audio box and putting the front display/speaker behind the RVM-glass?

It took me about 20 hours de-soldering parts off each board so they could be relocated within the mirror casing itself

It took me about 20 hours de-soldering parts off each board so they could be relocated within the mirror casing itself

seems to be alot of work, buying a used RVM is better save your stock RVM and then it's a trial and error if you succed with the soldering and mounting.

seems to be alot of work, buying a used RVM is better save your stock RVM and then it's a trial and error if you succed with the soldering and mounting.

Correct!! thats what i ended up doing now have a spare normal mirror and a dimming one both in black

very good,i had a v1 and sold it due to having to remove it all the time,would like this mod,my origin b2 is in the ashtray so fully concealed would be great

Anyone still doing this mod making a rvm stealth installation or is there a UK based company doing this mod?

I'm thinking of getting a HU.
This US webshop makes rvm mods.
V1

I've no idea how they work but if you do your should be able to get a RVM from a breakers or ebay.

I've no idea how they work but if you do your should be able to get a RVM from a breakers or ebay.

seems difficult getting autodimming version?
I would like to have an updated black or grey w210 rvm with maplights, garagebuttons and autodim.
It's impossible to find a used one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom