VALEO Radiator Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
I have know about this issue from this forum for a while, and I have concerns about the W203 that we have in the family as it is affected. Not really sure what to do at this point as I don't think we should have to shell out for a new rad.

Anyway I saw in yesterdays telegraph motoring section (Sat 22 Dec) that the Valeo issue gets a mention, it seems Honest John intervened with MB on the customers behalf, for a satisfactory conclusion on their W209 (not sure of the exact concLusion which is a shame).

Anyway checked out the Honest John web site and this has been added to their what to watch out for section, so again it is now even higher profile.

Anybody wish to give advice, we have a problem car with no current issue, what do we do? I don't want to spend any money!!!

Last edited:
unfortunately when the problem starts to manifest, it is already too late.
You may have to change it to be on the safe side.

Is it under warranty, or far out of warranty?

Book it in saying that you're unhappy about the gear change, and that you would be comforted by a glycol test. The results will tell you if a problem is brewing.

Unlikely the dealer will perform a glycol test for free then. If you're really worried, I read recently that a replacement radiator can be purchased for £130, add perhaps the same again for fitting by a competent mechanic.

Might be worth allowing for an automatic transmission fluid change too - a good thing to do if it's been a while since the last one, and it will also help reduce the effects should the oil have become contaminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom