Valeo Radiator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

diandave

Car
Mercedes S204
Having gearbox oil cooler fitted tomorrow on E 320 CDi W211 straight 6, to make sure I dont get the dreaded glycol problem, indi is doing the work for £330 all in, how does that sound.

Last edited:
substute oil cooler

Hi,I have been quoted £500 for the upgrade on a c180 (w203) that makes your independant sound cheap but i am not sure about one model requiring more work as yours is six and mine four cylinder.I will be interested in finding out how you get on many thanks.

Hi,I have been quoted £500 for the upgrade on a c180 (w203) that makes your independant sound cheap but i am not sure about one model requiring more work as yours is six and mine four cylinder.I will be interested in finding out how you get on many thanks.

Car was collected this morning, gearbox oil cooler fitted (just in front of main rad) gearbox oil and filter changed, returned car to me at 6pm, total bill inc vat £480.23, well pleased.....:D

£330 all in to £480 what changed?

Does it drive better? smoother?

£330 for oil cooler fitted, I then decided to have the gearbox oil and filter changed to be on the safe side.
Gear changes are much smoother.

thanks

seems like my quote was compeditive i am presuming that they would change and flush gearbox oil and change filter as part of the work ?

Any chance of a pic or two please? Is the new cooler coupled up using rubber pipes and clips or how?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom